join our TTC team!

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
A few of us RME'ers are finally going to enter and compete in the Team Trophy Challenge! It is a team event, two rigs, two people per rig. Unlike a rockcrawling competiton where everything revolves around driving the course, this is an event that puts other skills to task: Navigation, problem solving, driving, endurance, driving a rally course, map and compass, winching, etc. This should be a blast. Cost-wise it is cheap to enter: $60 per rig (so the team cost is $120, split four ways.) The main cost will be driving to Oregon and back. Winning rigs in past years are slightly modified yet capable rigs; you don't need a buggy (In fact it needs to be street legal.)

Our team (Brett, myself, MBryson, and hopefully Kurt if he can be pryed apart from his girlfriend) was wondering if there are four more people that want to put another team togather from Utah. It would be fun to have some other guys we know competing, and also we could share resources at base camp (tools, "pit crew", etc. ) Here is the web site:

http://www.teamtrophychallenge.com/index.html

Here are two write-ups on past events:

http://www.2bigbroncos.org/team_trophy/
http://www.timbertamers.org/runs2003/TTC 2003/ttc2003.htm

Whatcha think!?

KToy

dang i dont know about ramtoy but that looks fun. that would be sweet to enter in. if i had the money and what not i know 4 good guys (including me that would be awsome in this) but we dont have winches yet and i dont think the rescources yet. but i know kurt will have fun as the rest of u.

WE WANT TONS OF PICS

DrMoab

Wish I could go Ez but new job and new house and wife says otherwise. You need to pay special attn. to how they run things so we can try again to get it going here.

DrMoab said:
Stay tuned....We might have a team....Trying to work out details now...

Looks like it's coming together. Dr Moab and Jeremy and I chatted for a while on Friday, and EZ and I strategized a bit yesterday.

We're still looking for 2-3 people between the 2 teams.

Maverick (the other Brett)

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
What do you have in mind? I'm interested--I would love to drive my rig but it's not going to get blessed by the street-legal fairy any time soon.

Cody

Cody said:
What do you have in mind? I'm interested--I would love to drive my rig but it's not going to get blessed by the street-legal fairy any time soon.

Cody

Well, um, this is what we have in mind: (from EZ's post)
Here is the web site: http://www.teamtrophychallenge.com/index.html
Here are two write-ups on past events:
http://www.2bigbroncos.org/team_trophy/
http://www.timbertamers.org/runs200...003/ttc2003.htm

If it's not street legal, then you buy a $20 Oregon OHV tag.

If you're diggin' what you read at the sites, can put up with my ego and EZ's anal and wanna kick some NW bootie, then let's rock! (er, talk)

Other Brett

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I guess what I meant was, are you looking for pit crew or navigators or ? I just glanced at the links---still trying to get caught up.

man, being away from the world for a week is a PITA.

Cody

Cody said:
I guess what I meant was, are you looking for pit crew or navigators or ? I just glanced at the links---still trying to get caught up.

man, being away from the world for a week is a PITA.

Cody

either, both, yes...all of the above. We still have a couple maybe's on "team members" that we gotta get nailed down this week or next. We'd REALLY like to have a couple alternates/pit members too, if possible. We'll be sending our money by the 15th. Between the two teams, I'd guess that there are likely 2 spots still open, maybe 3-4.

Brett (still can't believe my wife said yes) (to either question)

Geepfreak

I'm here.
Looks as though our team is good to go, Going to try and get up to Dr. Moab place this week and get the apps and money sent away. This should be Good!!!

jeremy.

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Good deal!!!!!!!!! We have 2.5 members, looked for a solid fourth member. Dammit Kurt!!!!! Commit!! Commit!! The problem is, the guy just can't commit! Ask his girlfriend!

EZ

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
mbryson said:
You can't be more broke than me (two moves and a baby in the past year).......... I'm the .5 member (but more like .8).......

I go to westminster and I'm in the flight program I've got about $40,000 in loans right now with another year and more flight training to go.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
onetuff76 said:
I go to westminster and I'm in the flight program I've got about $40,000 in loans right now with another year and more flight training to go.

I won't go into details, but I'd be ECSTATIC if I was only $40K in debt.....

TDW

This is cool that you guys are going to try and make it. Being a several time competitor (2nd place last two years) I can honestly say you will not be disappointed. I cannot emphasize the "team" part of the title. That is the most important part of the weekend. It does not take the best vehicle, the winners the last two years have driven sprung under CJ5.

If you have any questions regarding the event as far as rules or what to expect, just let me know.

TDW said:
This is cool that you guys are going to try and make it. Being a several time competitor (2nd place last two years) I can honestly say you will not be disappointed. I cannot emphasize the "team" part of the title. That is the most important part of the weekend. It does not take the best vehicle, the winners the last two years have driven sprung under CJ5.

If you have any questions regarding the event as far as rules or what to expect, just let me know.

Hey, that's really cool. Are you competing this year? We are concentrating on the teamwork part of it, so that is good to hear. We have several team practices planned. Also, the members of our team have worked together on the trail many times over the years. 2 of us have competed in Top Truck Challenge.

Too bad you are in Portland, we'd love to have you come and critique us as we practice. I'll pm you my email, I'd love to hear what to expect.

Thanks,
Other Brett