Josh's 86 toyota

Josh's toyota truggy

Owners Name & City- Josh Evans American Fork

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle-1986 Toyota pickup

Engine-22re

Transmission-w56

T-Case-dual marlin t cases with 2.28s and 4.7s in the rear case

Axles- dana 60s front and rear arb up front 4:10s

Suspension-92 toyota rears hybrid leaf pack with some alcan and tg springs mixed in with 16 inch FOA coiliover shocks and FOA 4 inch bumps. Rear alcans with orbit eyes

Steering- PSC Full hydro with single ended ram

Wheels and Tires-42" IROKs and 17" KMC beadlocks

Winch-Ramsey Patriot 9500 with synthetic winch line

Favorite Trails- Pritchet, Upper heldorado, BFE, af canyon

Other- Narrowed truggy Front clip, cage work, Trying to stay as low as possible.

Attachments

• moab 092.jpg
    moab 092.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 71
  • moab 093.JPG
    moab 093.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG00279.jpg
    IMG00279.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

toyota rockhead

I guess its about time for a little update its been awhile since ive been on here. So once i got the leafs all and my shock mounts all finished up i decided its time to 4 link this thing! i found a deal on a 4 link kit from ruff stuff but im not really using any of the brackets from it just the heims. I build me a t case crossmember that bolts to the back of the cases. made me some tail light pannels.

lately ive been mostley working on my front 4 link. im doing a dual triangulated up front so in order to do it the way i wanted i ended up hacking the frame off under the cab. Right now frame height will be 24" 21.5" belly with about 116 to 117 wb. im building a whole new skid. basically redoing the whole thing. for shocks im running 16" FOA 2.5 coilovers front and rear and possibly some 16" FOA 2.5 tripple bypasses :) heres a few pics
oh ya i also got my front truss all done check out

Attachments

• truck 1.jpg
    truck 1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 26
  • truck 2.jpg
    truck 2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 23
  • truck 3.jpg
    truck 3.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 22
  • truck 4.jpg
    truck 4.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 22
  • truck 5.jpg
    truck 5.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 31
  • truck 6.jpg
    truck 6.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 22
  • truck 7.jpg
    truck 7.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 23
  • truck 8.jpg
    truck 8.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 24

Coco

so sweet. I heard tho that you didnt even run it in its new form on leaves, and you just randomly decided to link it?! :D

toyota rockhead

Ya I didn't even take it out Haha. I've been wanting to link it for awhile and I had been saving up parts so I divided it was time to do it! Thanks gravediggerxj! The truss turned out pretty sweet I like it.

toyota rockhead

I guess its time for a little update since james updated his i guess i better do mine too :)
where do i even start. ive gotten alot done but its still not done but its getting there. the front suspension is all done just been working on the back and everything else ill post some pics. i got the rear truss all done too.

Heres a few pics
DSCN0519.JPG

DSCN0521.JPG

IMG368.jpg

IMG435.jpg

DSCN0525.JPG

IMG391.jpg

front and rear trusses

DSCN0523.jpg

IMG413.jpg

shocks, radiator and lower links. For my lowers i decided to go with 2" solid 7075 t6! they only weigh 16 lbs each with the heims and everything! i also had to get a shorter radiator so i can still run it up front.

IMG416.jpg

IMG421.jpg

Last edited:

mombobuggy

Very cool rig love the low wide stance until I discovered rme I had no idea how many other people around me north utah co. share my interests keep up the good work and the pictures.