Just Another Hemi LJ.....

N8RB8R

For the first time ever I am going to attempt a build thread! I have built a lot of nice rigs and always wished I had a thread to reflect upon and to help answer the many questions that are always coming in.

This build will be slow and thorough like all my builds, the goal for this rig will be a well rounded package for street and trail use.

I have always missed my last LJ as some will recall it also had a Hemi that I installed as well.

Starting with a 2006 Rubicon Unlimited that is already mildly built and has low miles. It has a Teraflex long arm kit, Bilstien shocks, Teraflex high steer, Genright tube fenders, Tom Woods driveshafts, Jeeperman rear bumper, 4:88 gears, 37" MTR's plus all the standard Rubicon goodies.

I plan on adding many more parts from Teraflex to ensure I have the proven reliability that works.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

N8RB8R

Here is the heart of this build, I started with a complete 2005 Ram 1500 that only has 30k miles! I have the radiator, wiring and all mounts that should start arriving this upcoming week.

I will begin installing the drivetrain over Thanksgiving break!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 41

N8RB8R

I will watch, this looks cool. I do have a question. Jeep is 06, the engine is a 05. Will that cause a problem later with emission things, or will that even matter?
The ECM is programmed with the corrected information. The biggest thing is that all emmisions components for both engines are still in place and fully functional.

Bart

Looking forward to the build Nate. Thanks for taking the time to take pics and log the progress. It's a pain sometimes but it's always nice to have a reference and be able to point people in this direction. The build will rock. Will you have it to EJS 2015?

Cascadia

Undecided
If I bought a Hemi LJ I would most likely keep it a long time. I will have another someday. I pull a trailer everyday and the LJ wasn't cutting it. I blew a Detroit, rear driveshaft, tail shaft, and a set of gears. Those were different situations except the driveshaft caused the bent tail shaft. But they all happened on road pulling my trailer. Never broke anything off road. Go figure.