Just curious

TheJeepGuy

I have been watching and reading RME for a few years now and I have noticed a few things, so I would like to do a little experiment if you guys dont mind to confirm my thoughts about RME.

Can you please post below what type of vehicle you 4wheel and if what you prefer to 4wheel is different from what you drive then post what that is as well and the SHORT reason why.

Example-
Drive: chevy 82 blazer
Prefer: Box top Bronco
Reason: Smaller and lighter but I need room for the Kids and Gear so I have the Blazer.

Note: this is not a place to argue what is better just want to see what people are driving and if they could have something else what it would be.

Thanks!

rock4fun

I drive 82 toyota buggy..... I would prefer to drive 4 seat formula toy buggy. Reason they look a lot nicer probably lighter and o ya they kick butt. :]

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I drive a 97 tacoma (standard cab), I would prefer something I could haul more than one kid wheeling with me.

In case you were wondering about mods on my Taco, I'm part of the extremely stock group... :hickey:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Drive: 1986 Suzuki Samurai
Prefer: 1986 Suzuki Samurai
Reason: Grew up wheeling Samurai's, bought it because I realized their inherent benefits over other vehicles (to me), it's what my Dad had/has so that's what I wanted :D.

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
drive:1990 4dr one ton bronco
prefer; none other really

why: I need more room than a standard K5/Bronc etc gives. Suburbans are common....and it comes out of the box with most parts that the half ton crowd updates too.

(although an EB is on my list, preferably a 4 door one... seen one, it is pimp)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
drive:1989 K5 Blazer w/one tons and soon to have a 454
prefer: FJ40 buggy
reason: can't afford a buggy build/trailer/tow rig, and GM stuff is cheap/free, and sturdy, and works reliably, so I'm driving THAT

jdub

Scrambler
drive:1985 Jeep/AMC Scrambler
prefer: ?
reason: I have always wanted one and now that I have one I can't find anything I prefer to drive. I look all the time. Everything I find is just an accessory to the jeep e.g. tow rig.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Drive: Very modified 92 XJ
Prefer: 4 seat buggy, one-tons, Atlas, V8

I have young kids, so if I want to wheel right now I need a rig with full-on climate control. This XJ was free, and I built the way I wanted to. It works great, but it's no buggy. I may build another buggy some day.... ;)

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Drive: 79 Toyota Hilux

Prefer: 4 door 79 Toyota Hilux with 2LT

Reason: Diesel engines are superior... period :greg: I want four doors, but for some reason the good ol' USA was not eligible for the four door variant of the Hulix in 79 :( If I owned a 150hp diesel powered 4 door Hilux with the 79-83 body style I would never complain about anything ever again.

I may settle for a 01-04 Tacoma 4 door but it won't be the same :-\

roverrocks

Drive: 97 Land Rover Discovery Desire to Drive: 97 Land Rover Defender but can't afford as they are rare and expensive. Reason: LR's fascinate me for some oddball reason, guess I feel like I'm on some remote Safari in Australia/Mongolia when I'm in mine. I'd also take a 2010 4 door Rubicon too but can't remotely afford that either.

redXJ

Thats what she said
Drive: 91 redxj
Prefer: girls...
Reason: I like boobs.

ok for real
Prefer: XJ or Toyota
Reason: the go were i want to

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Drive: fairly well built 94 xj
Prefer: 2 door unlimited. built of course.
Reason: I love my cherokee but it is roomier than a wrangler and the family does not like the open air feeling as much as I do. Plus I can not afford to build one right now. Maybe when my kids can drive I will hand the cherokee over to them and finally build a unlimited. But by then there will be bigger and better that I want to build.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Drive: '80 CJ7 (yeah, sure)

Prefer: Dunno, something with decent power and semi-beefy to beefy solid axles and room for 5 that I could daily drive, would tow my travel trailer and still be trailworthy

Reason: It's not the most streetable rig, but I like the V8 over the 4.0L or 3.8L in other Wranglers. Needs SOME semblance of creature comforts to be considered a driver at all. A heater would be a good start and we can go from there. The spool is a little much for the street.
I'd like it to have a little more room, but for the most part, it does what it needs to do and I've found places for things. Not really an Expedition type vehicle. Works for day trips on some of the tougher trails.

Last edited:

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Drive: Samurai, very modified, mostly street-legal

Prefer: I'd like to re-build it, same basic design but cleaned up. More power would be nice, but not necessary. (If I had the money, I'd love to have an expedition-style 4-door Rubicon or something similar for camping trips and easier trails, but it would be in addition to the zuk.)

Reason: I've had my Samurai, in various forms, for over 15 years. It is comparatively inexpensive for what it is, I know how to drive it and how to build it, and it works great for what I like to do.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Wheel: 197? Chev flat bed, kinda big and beefy.
Want: A 67 or older Scout 80/800, built to my liking of course. And a 4door JK Rubi.

Reason: The chev was free, I'm into it about $1200 and it does what I've tried in it.
I want a Scout so I can fit the whole family and our gear. Plus like having the removable top. I've already had 3 scouts and want another. They were unique when I got into them and got hooked.

I want the JK so that I can have a comfortable family wheeler for longer expedition trips.