Just for the sake of conversation.

Green Leader

So we all saw the new LJ Jellow. For some stupid reason it made me think about names for rigs. I do not have a name for my rig and was curious as to how many out there actually do.

so my Questions are:

1. Do you have a name for your rig?

2. Why did you name it that?

This sounds like a really gay topic for discussion but I was bored.

R

rockdog

Yes
The Troll, it's as ugly as a troll. If the name fits, wear it.:rofl::rofl:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
As a general rule, I don't have names for any of my vehicles. There have been exceptions in the past though....my first Willys was "I Lean" cuz it sat crooked, and I had a POS '89 Chevy truck that was named "The Stain". :rolleyes:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I've only named two vehicles and both more than deserved it :D You can only name a vehicle with character or style.

Bertha was the name of my 86 Ford F250 that was complete with a "Western" brand flat bed, a dog chain on the tool box (for the Blue Healer), Outlaw aluminum wheels, two really tall whip CB antenna's and a strait pipe on a non turbo diesel--it had ALL the hillbilly goodies :ugh:

Next was the Rot Box. One look at my 79 Hilux and you'll see why :ugh: My dad was sending it to the scrap yard when I saved it I decided to give the Toyota thing a try. I'm really glad I did because it has been a lot of fun for the past few years.

Bart

The reason I threw a name out there was because we have 3 Jeeps at the house and the other 2 kids have Jeeps also. So, at any given time was have the yellow LJ, black TJ, red XJ, maroon JK and green YJ. We can't get away with just saying "the Jeep" for most situations.

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
Mine.....
I got this Jeep back in December '07'. During this transition, it got nicknamed 'The Bruise'. I think because it's black, had 2 blue doors for a while, and I put in a purple/burgandy headliner.
DSCN1398.jpg
Purple/burgandy headliner is gone now, but it's still called 'The Bruise'.

Chevycrew

no names for me, I have my toy, and the crew cab, wife has the gmc...

It could come in handy, with the 88 4runner in the driveway I want rid of. If I say toy, my wife asks which one.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Never had a name for any of my vehicles... except our 97 XJ that came with the inherited name "Snowflake". But I think that's more of a common name for all XJ's. We never really refer to it by that name but it's etched into the back window thanks to Hickey. :D

But now that I think about it, I've been known to call some of my vehicles all kinds of cuss words under certain circumstances.

bobmed

- - - -
When I was in high school we had a 66 Chrysler station wagon that we called the tank. It was big and had a 440 big block but it got called tank because one winter I drove it off the side off Big Cottonwood canyon into the stream ten feet down and it only bent the front rim, in the spring my sister totaled a Cadillac with it and that bent up the fender and bumper, then later that summer my other sister took out a telephone pole and that bent the center of the bumper into the radiator. It got a new radiator and a channel iron bumper and was still running good when my dad sold it 3 years later.

Attachments

• 1967_Chrysler_Newport_TownCountry.jpg
    1967_Chrysler_Newport_TownCountry.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

schaeferNsons

Dirt Hedz Offroad Club
My son tells me that when he was being helped out of the ravine up at Mary Ellens this spring (see rescue post in trip reports) they began calling my 79 Cherokee "Olga", because it was a big b*#@h.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I have had the ugly, Ram-smashing Hate Tank, and now the milder brother Burb, the Love Boat. The stillborn M715 project is Gigantor for obvious reasons.
:)

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
My neighbor growing up was one of the burliest men I've ever met--a true mountain man with a beard a mile long and arms like Popeye. For awhile he drove a 70's Buick Montego named "tha Wor Wegon". I helped him unload some spare tires from the trunk and back seat one day when I was a kid. We pulled 9 full size spare tires from that car I s%$t you not! :eek::ugh::rofl: