just got off the phone with the AF Canyon ranger station

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
If a Stock ZJ can take it I should have no problems I think the WJ's are higher then the ZJ's

Forest Lake is easily accessible by a stock vehicle. I regularly see Forest Service pickups at the top, so if they can make it, you can make it. Just pay attention and take it slow.

Last edited:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I am excited I think my wife would love this area as a day ride.

Its a good one. It can get a little dicey after a heavy storm, like today. But if you just pay attention to where you are placing your tires, you'll be fine. Try to get someone who's done the trail a lot to go with you and they'll guide you through the few tough spots. If it were next weekend I might be tempted to go. But this weekend is maintenance weekend for the Pathfinder. :(

There is so much to see up AF that just exploring will do you good. I love just driving the main road all the way to the top and dropping down into Wasatch Mountain State Park. Two wheel drive the whole way, but beautiful. A great Sunday drive.

sixstringsteve

There is so much to see up AF that just exploring will do you good. I love just driving the main road all the way to the top and dropping down into Wasatch Mountain State Park. Two wheel drive the whole way, but beautiful. A great Sunday drive.

x2

ret32

I have skid plates for the tranny and also for the gas tank. I don't have sliders and my wife said no on them until next year. I don't know what much more armor I can get for a WJ. Looking further into that.
I took my 2000 WJ up Forest Lake when I first got it. It was a stock vehicle with the upcountry package (skids and stiffer springs). I didn't have any problems and escaped without damage. However, I've never been one to worry much about dings or scratches on bumpers, undercarriage, or rockers. If I did, it would have been a very stressful trip.