just when you thought a trade....

was a bad idea after the trade.. thats what i though when i traded my nice 8'x12' trailer that i put a few grand into over the years to get this 1975 ford f250.. well i was going the all the paper work for my ford last night and i cam across some info on my ford.. i guess i solved my why the truck dont idle smooth and its hard to time it. i guess a few years back it had a new motor put in it the original was a 360 ford motor, the new one was a 390 motor that they built with larger heads and a bigger rv cam. if you listen to it now you can hear the lil lob from the rv cam.i guess my trade wasnt that bad... this explains why i can beat my buddies 74 chevy in a dead stop take off too top speed.. plus he has a 4-barrel with a 650 cfm edelbrock carb and headers he also has a rv cam. but i am running a 2 barrel carter carb i think it is, with stock manifolds and just a purple hornie glass pack.. i think next ima strip my ford down paint the fenders and cab and bed maybe gona keep them flat black. and paint the rims semi-flat black. kinda give it the jesse james look, then ima build the motor somemore put a 4 barrel carb on it then maybe some sweet headers...