Kanab Area Trails

smfulle

We're heading down to Southern Utah over spring break. Thinking about staging out of Kanab at least for the first few days. We'll probably head over to Sand Hollow in the St. George area towards the end of the week. Any suggestions on must-see trails in the Kanab area? We've been to Sand Hollow so we are pretty familiar with the stuff there, but want to try some new stuff. We are kind of a red neck outfit with an old modified Wrangler, a Samurai and my 48 CJ2A so we can't do super extreme stuff, but we do like a little challenge, and we love great scenery.

larrybenny

larrybenny
There is a 4x4 club there called red rock 4 wheelers, I believe. Look it up. A couple of years ago some of us went on a sponsered trip through Hog canyon with the club. Great people. In fact a guy on RME belongs to the club and lives there. Hog canyon is north of town only a mile or so.

larrybenny

larrybenny
Correction. The 4x4 club in Kanab is Canyon Country 4x4. They do have a web site. Don Black is the one that organized the last outing there. There are many places to go to besides Hog Canyon as well. Huge country.

DAA

Barracks is a good scenic trail, and as already mentioned, Hog canyon has a good variety of trails. I'd suggest reaching out to Don for specific trail recommendations and probably even a map.

- DAA

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Talk to Don for sure, he used to work doing tours ( still Might) he will know some cool spots. Lots of sand on all the trails out there, but I take my Dodge Nitro on them no problem. Hog canyon has a bunch of trails in there, you should be able to go about anywhere you want in the rigs you have.

Don B

formerly rebarguy
Canyon Country 4x4 Club no longer has a website, but we do have a Facebook group.
I'm up to my ears in commercial tours and I don't get out on the trails as much as I would like these days. The rigs you have would be fun on the Hog Canyon trails. I would be happy to send maps and some advice on trails if you would send a message with an address.