Kiel's swing out bumper build

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
it's only on 31's and I don't plan on going on bigger. So departure angle is a must

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Finally got around to finishing my can holder this weekend. Glad to get this stuff outta the cab. It bolts up to a custom bracket I made in case I want or need to remove it so that will be nice.

Attachments

• IMG_1255.jpg
    IMG_1255.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1256.jpg
    IMG_1256.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1257.jpg
    IMG_1257.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1258.jpg
    IMG_1258.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1259.jpg
    IMG_1259.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 29

MattL

Looks nice and I need to build one for my rig. The problem I have with some of these mounts is not being able to see out the back window. Also, how much weight does the 3 canisters weigh when full in comparison to the tire? Do they even out the rig? Have you noticed much difference in the way it drives with the tire on the passenger side assuming that the canisters are empty?

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I just filled up the cans last night to see what it did for the weight. The cherokee already sorta leaned to the right, which I thought was mainly due to the carrier and tire on that side. After filling up the cans it sorta leveled out more, I'm hoping it will settle once I drive around a bit more, but neither effected handling in my case. The cans full with the additional rack etc, probably added close to 200 pounds on that side. As for seeing out the back window, I don't mind that much as I can barely see out it with my gear in the back anyways, plus I know how to use my mirrors.