King Challange 09?

great scott

The 2009 King Challenge is officially not! The new president and many members of the King Crawlers have had their fill. The cold hard facts are; it cost about $5000 to put on, the last 2 years we barely made any profit, we need about 20 volunteers just for the one day with many more hours of prep, and the club is burnt out.
I have been contacted by several past competitors that want to play again, me too. There is no time nor man power to run it like we have done the last 5 years. I have given it some thought and want to run it past you..... Go bare bones. We run all the same events and rules(pre made), but do not sell tickets(no insurance) or charge entrance fees. No pay outs for winner just some home made trophies. We could have a donation box to help cover the now minimal cost. We have no judges or extraction equipment, but rather have the competitors do it all.
I do not know that the county or the new president will go for these changes but before I push them I need to know your thoughts.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
You know Im in Scott!

Only problem I could have is if Corey gets into TTC we will both be gone the first week of June. Can we make it the middle or end of June? Im hoping the Hair boys will make it to TTC as well and Im sure they would be all for the King Challenge when they get back.

I know putting on this competition took TONS of effort. I hope I expressed my appreciation enough in the past. If not THANK YOU!!!!!

I think this would be way fun. Someone gets stuck in the mud....the next guy in line pulls him back out with the winch. It will just be a FUN day of wheeling. Homemade trophies would be cool to!

I think you should cut the classes down to 2 just for ease and fairness. Daily driver and Modified. Heck I would say not even run classes but someone in a stock jeep might get upset going up again Byron on 53" tires.

Chime in on this one guys! Its going to take a lot of voices to get it to happen.
Dont let the King Challenge go away like all the other cool local comps of the past

VideoRunner

Please Continue

I would love to see it come off again this year. I'll even help Jeremy video tape again. :)

There is something to be said for everyone helping those who are broke down or helping them off that "rock pile" obstacle. Ouch! :sick: I think everyone but one had to be lifted off. Hey we won't mention Notajeep's name.

My suggestion is to limit the number of classes, the number of events, and require each team to provide one judge.

If these are crazy suggestions, consider the source. :D

Videorunner

great scott

I would love to see it come off again this year. I'll even help Jeremy video tape again. :)

There is something to be said for everyone helping those who are broke down or helping them off that "rock pile" obstacle. Ouch! :sick: I think everyone but one had to be lifted off. Hey we won't mention Notajeep's name.

My suggestion is to limit the number of classes, the number of events, and require each team to provide one judge.

If these are crazy suggestions, consider the source. :D

Videorunner

Crazy? Maybe but I like them non the less. What dose that say about me :D.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Scott - I think the "simple" event would be even more fun than anything else. Just people getting together to wheel at a 4x4 park. :cool:

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
I really would like to see this event continued in some form. I've never been able to make it due to work, but was planning on entering this year.

Being a Vice-Pres of the U4wda, I think you should put some kind of proposal together and bring it to us at next months meeting and I can help you talk them into supporting more.

I think you could atleast get them to provide judges and track officials, I would be willing to help make trophys in my dads welding shop.

I really like chestons ideas with just 2 or maybe 3 classes, A daily driver, modified up to 40", and 42"+.

Let me know how I can be of service, also, my local club, Dirt Hedz, would probably be more that willing to help provide some man power.

(my only problem is that I just realized that it would be the same weekend that my baby is due)(damn)

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
For me want is huge...

Its the whole I am 400 miles away, selfemployed, and unsure whether I will make a grand next week, or barely enough to cover diesel that keeps me form going

F@#$ YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! I will be there.... FOR SURE my phone number is 208-724-7305...ANYTHING you need call me.

So, if a tentative volunteer that has a ***** of a time going on LOCAL runs is enticing, hit me up....

mrclean

INTERNET WHEELER
Oh man you know i'm in my two bros and my dad will most likly be there. As long as I can have a good day wheeling and maybe even pull someone off the rocks or out of the mud i'm there i went last year and will be there every year from now!!!!!!!!!

sorry for not chiming in sooner cheston

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Oh man you know i'm in my two bros and my dad will most likly be there. As long as I can have a good day wheeling and maybe even pull someone off the rocks or out of the mud i'm there i went last year and will be there every year from now!!!!!!!!!

sorry for not chiming in sooner cheston

:mad:

Just kidding

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
when would this event take place? I would likely be able to hop over the mountain and participate in some capacity, hope my rig is ready.