KING CHALLENGE 2010???????

great scott

Not looking good. With the closure of all the Price area trails and change in leadership, the King Crawlers have lost drive. I have considered working on some changes but only time will tell.

mrclean

INTERNET WHEELER
What are we missing to do it, is it volunteers, money, or the place to hold it at, even if we did it just for bragging rights we just want to come beat our junk and have a good time!

mrclean

INTERNET WHEELER
The only thing i can think we would need for equipment is something for water we can pull rigs out with other rigs, (my jeep really injoys it :D). I'm sure me and a few others could come up the afternoon before and help set it up. If we need some sponsers give me some names and numbers and i'll start calling!

great scott

If we were to go with the Keep It Simple Stupid, method and do a just for bragging rights, I'm sure we could pull it off latter this year. The problem comes in when we start turning it into a spectator sport. Then we need insurance and emergency crews among other issues. With out extraction equipment it will go slow, but if we are not worried about putting on a show then that may not be to big of a deal.

mrclean

INTERNET WHEELER
I think were all there for fun and most the spectators are familys of the drivers just come to hang out, lets set up a day to just come out and play its better than not at all. It doesn't need to be a compitition ;) just happen to have a stop watch and timed some of the runs!:D

great scott

This may work. As I see it now; No admition just sign the waivers, no prize money, not meant for spectators but not discourage either, possibly some home made trophies, judged by your piers, extracted by piers, classes like in the past if enough competitors.
I can talk to the county to get their input, if we get enough interest.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Of it's not a commercial event, why would one be required to have insurance? I'd drop Craig Stump a line and ask him some questions.

great scott

In the past we have not had to have insurance as long as we did not charge admit ion. Events like the U4 runs we hosted were uninsured. The Insurance we did have in the past only covered spectators.Odd no one would cover the competitors. I wonder why:rofl:.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
necessary insurance likely depends on who is putting on the event, and who owns the property where the event takes place.. waivers help but only deter someone from sueing who doesnt think they have a case. depending on the event if no one is in charge and its say county property, the county may already have a policy that would cover such activity. when we had the extreme offroad show in Manti last year we had the competitors sign waivers and had to buy a $600 one time, one day insurance policy for the event,(for Spectators coverage) to satisfy the county requirments. Sevier County includes the off-road rodeo in there county fair insurance policy.

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
How does the park there work right now can you just show up and use it. If thats the case why cant we just make a day to all come out and play.:D

You can go out at anytime and use it and if that is done, then you would not need insurance. My thoughts are that if you notify the county of an "unofficial and informal" event they are going to want to make sure there is no looming liability.

I say everybody should just show up and have fun.