Eastern Utah King Crawlers: Lower Diff Hanger night run

corbin.black

The King Crawlers monthly trail ride is scheduled for Saturday August 24, 2013. We will be running Lower Diff Hanger at approx. 4PM and finishing up in the dark. Meet at the north end of the trail at 4PM. If you dont know where the trail is or just need directions, send me a PM and i'll give you details. We would love to see other people from RME attend our events. Hope to see you there!-Corbin

corbin.black

I have not personally ran this trail yet but from what I am hearing from others in the group, I would say you need 33's, armor (sliders and TC skid) and recovery points. Lockers are always preferred but I dont think it would be necessary for this trail. This trail follows a wash and it changes every time we have a rain storm. There are larger obstacles for bigger rigs to play around on. So if you are bigger than 33's and armor, it will still be a fun trail. We had a group of 5 jeeps run it not long ago and it took them around 4.5 hours but they spotted everyone through every obstacle because it was their first time. We plan to start the trail about 4PM and finish in the dark.

ricsrx

We floped Johns 4runner on it durring a night run last summer..... so yes it can still be fun!! I wish i could make it

AaronPaige

All the trails in the price are being evaluated by the blm... They are not closed but not designated as trails, so if they see responsible use or tracks on these we can get them the GPS info and get them designated as trails open to public use

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I would love to join you guys and explore some of these trails. I can't make it this time, but please keep posting invites!

ricsrx

Whatever it's fun
Sorry Aaron I was being facetious, I agree it is a blast, every rain changes it up, easy to get to and doesn't take long to run. Shane, I was talking to the Terrell Dimick, and I was confusion on Upper and Lower trail portions of the Diff hanger trail, the trail that I had been traveling on was "diff hanger", I thought the whole trail was lower diff hanger and didn't realize that it was just the bottom portion of the trail that is called lower diff. and actually I have only ran lower diff one time
I also started to run Gremiln, that also is a quick, challenging trail.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Shane, I was talking to the Terrell Dimick, and I was confusion on Upper and Lower trail portions of the Diff hanger trail, the trail that I had been traveling on was "diff hanger", I thought the whole trail was lower diff hanger and didn't realize that it was just the bottom portion of the trail that is called lower diff. and actually I have only ran lower diff one time
I also started to run Gremiln, that also is a quick, challenging trail.

I've only ran lower a couple times as well. I've always ran the upper section. Trent and I actually found and cut that upper wash a very long time ago and called it "Beyond the Sidewalk". It ended up getting traveled a lot more and then King Crawlers came around years later and gave it an official name and put it on the books. :cool:

I don't think I've actually ever ran Gremlin either, but I know I've gone past it several times. We should get an RME run down there and hit all of them in a day and finish up on Judgement Day. I haven't been on that one for probably four years now, I wonder how it's held up!? :)

ricsrx

Im on, I think a buggy would be needed for most of them, also I don't see Judgment day listed on the trail thread.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
That was a cool run today, thanks for the invite. I think the only carnage was my smashed rear shock, I made it halfway to Provo before I couldn't take the lack of shock movement so I pulled over and pulled it off. I was only getting 1/2" of up travel out of it. I got a few videos but no pictures really so I'll get the videos uploaded when I get around to it.

ricsrx

Judgment day is fun I've broke on the first obstacle every time I've tryed it
it is the only place that I have pulled my front drive line apart, and I couldn't get Hunters truck over it with out help. I am down this weekend, I am sure I will hit diff hanger some time on Saturday

Last edited: