King Of The Hammers With Casey Beach

4554x4

always modifing something
Video with Casey Beach. They missed the best part, where he leap up the first obsticle on the trail called Back Door. Many had struggled or rolled there. He owned that part, then blew his rear diff. It wouldnt turn foward, but would in reverse. What an effort in reverse!

Casey begins at about 3:28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pksIt8OhK8
[YOUTUBE]7pksIt8OhK8[/YOUTUBE]

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
How close was he to finishing? Had he climbed the hill, could he have made it the rest of the way?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Too bad you couldn't have pulled the full float axle shafts and ran in front wheel drive without the rear locked up and hold you back.

I love that they didn't give up!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
A heart-filled attempt for sure. Here's to the fury that Casey will bring to next year's KOH.

4554x4

always modifing something
A heart-filled attempt for sure. Here's to the fury that Casey will bring to next year's KOH.

Sounds like a toast to Casey that I can agree with! Everyone from the shop was in the office watching the live feed from Pirate 4x4 tv as he took his turn. Others had struggled, winched or rolled on the first obsticle in the series of obsticles at the Back Door. His car leaped right up it like it was his driveway. Everyone was yelling with excitement at this moment. Then at the next obsticle the rear tires wouldnt turn foward. I compare it to watching your team at the Superbowl, time expiring, making the winning touchdown and having the refs call it back due to a penalty just as time expires.

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
Thanks everyone!! I was pretty bummed we didnt make it but they did say we were the fastest car to back door and the first to make it first try. The two days before we made laps around the LCQ course dialing our lines and making sure we knew the fastest easiest ways. I thought we had it until the rear pinion sheared clean off. Im going to with a different brand of gears in my car and hopefully have better luck throughout the Ultra4 series. We decided to attempt it in reverse. We were not giving up until we broke everything on the car. Reverse went suprisingly well untill we lost our transmission and were forced to stop. I honestly cant tell ya how much fun I had! Bottom line is I had a ton of fun. I cant thank those enough that helped and supported me. I couldnt have done it without my amazing sponsors and great friends and family. Always room for improvement but thats racing..

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
You happen to have a build up or pics of the build of your buggy??

I do not. Some pics can be found on Ben Hanks Racing web site

Nice try Casey. Did you at least get it back together to wheel JV over the weekend?

Thanks stratton. I did not get it fixed. I actually sold my tires and one wheel to a fellow LCQ competitor so that they could go on and run in the main race. They popped three out of the four krawlers in LCQ

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I do not. Some pics can be found on Ben Hanks Racing web site

Thanks stratton. I did not get it fixed. I actually sold my tires and one wheel to a fellow LCQ competitor so that they could go on and run in the main race. They popped three out of the four krawlers in LCQ

You are a classy man Casey... Glad you had a chance to be a part of things...

Drclarkin

Stingers Rule!
I was on the pit crew for the team you sold your tires to. We ended up finishing 38th overall, without your tires Im sure that we would have had alot of flats and maybe not finished the race.

Thanks again.