Kitchen cabinets

MattL

Thanks everybody. Good start.
BCGPER is that your kitchen? Looks great.
Ill look at HD this week. I wonder the quality.
Thanks Cascadia. Do you know what he charges per foot.

MattL

Yes, that's mine. The Home Depot price on it was $12K. I did it for $5.5K using the company mentioned above.

Thank you . Are there any gotchas that you would do different if you had to redo it?
I ve looked at this site now, and i will be seriously considering it.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Mine are one of their more expensive models. I was worried about quality, buying over the internet and all. I was pleasantly surprised on the quality. I'm not sure if the lower priced models would have some quality issues or not.

Its important to unpack and check every part for shipping damage. Do it as soon as they arrive! I had damage. and they sent me new pieces.

They'll charge an extra $75 to deliver to your house, and delivery means the pallet is yours at the back of the trailer. Got a fork lift handy? Pick it up at the terminal in WVC. No charge, and they'll load it into your truck.

No surprises, the fit and finish is really good. I searched the site for weeks designing my own set up. I did steal some ideas from them, but built those ideas on my own (like all my lower shelves are on sliders).

You're welcome to come check out the construction yourself, that was my biggest concern. When you go to assemble the boxes, I'll guarantee you don't have enough bar clamps! I have a lot, but was only able to assemble 1 or 2 a day. Plan on hitting Harbor Freight.

Attachments

• Phone 092.JPG
    Phone 092.JPG
    698.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Cascadia

Undecided
Here are the cabinets from our house. I didn't get a pic of the half bath vanity. I think our cabinets were about 7800 all custom made and installed.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

SnwMnkys

Have the abaility to stain them yourself? Check out http://www.lewiscabinet.com/ in Tremonton. You can go to their web site and design pretty much any cabinet you want out of dozens of species or engineered woods. They cut the panels and doors and then deliver them on a pallet. Quality is the same as a custom cabinet shop if not better since youre building them yourself. Same price as RTA cabinets. If you have time and know what size cabinets you need, sign up on their web site, and design the cabinets you need and see what the cost is compared to RTA and Home Depot stuff. Youll probably be surprised.

Ive also used the RTA cabinets from China. in one of my remodels. Theyre not bad. Ive never used Home Depot cabinets. But from what Ive seen at the store, they are junk. Go with the online RTA cabinets if you dont go custom.