Knife for my brother

muleskinner

So I have been researching the DYI 2x72" sander. Wow, this thing is a must have. I'm really excited about building one. Anyone have a good thread of plans they have used?

I really want to try this knife building thing and it looks like having the sander is the first step.

Thanks,

My grinder is the best tool I've ever owned! Once you have one its hard to imagine not having one. This is the one I used for ideas when I made mine.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
the belt sander realy is a must. Ive gotten by with an cheap 1/2 hrs. 30"
it does the job but not as fast & not as easy as a nicer unit.
I also use my chop saw blade for alot of ruff shaping,
& a decent drill press with all sizes of sanding drums.

muleskinner

Sheath

I got the sheath back today. I have a buddy that does my leather work for me.

He does a great job.

6S7J1210.jpg

6S7J1209-1.jpg

6S7J1193.jpg

mikesheath1.jpg

sixstringsteve

Do you have any pictures of the other knives you've done? I'd love to see some of your other work. Those look incredible.

Last edited:

muleskinner

Do you have any pictures of the other knives you've done? I'd love to see some of your other work. Those look incredible.

i would also be very interested in one of your knives

Thanks for the comments. I made a knife for my Dad about a month ago, I'll see if I can get him to send me a pic.

My knife making has really slowed with this new job. I did order some ATS34 and 440C stainless steel a few days ago ($285 shipped for 4 pieces of flat bar 1/8X1.5X60'' and 3/16X1.5X60'')

I have a couple of knives I need to build in the next month, I'll be sure to take some pics.