Knocking on wood ...

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I've never seen anyone hurt at any of these events I've been to over the years. It is really odd to have a couple fatalities so close together. I can only imagine the safety reviews every team is going through right now...

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
How about some common sense?

"Review of the incident shows that George [Eisenhart] accidentally stepped in front of a moving vehicle in a fashion that did not provide the vehicle's driver adequate time to react," said a statement from the Monster Truck Racing Association.

NOT the sport's fault. Large moving objects are inherently dangerous, I guess, but this shouldn't be used as ammo against monster trucks. :D

Crinco

NOT the sport's fault. Large moving objects are inherently dangerous, I guess, but this shouldn't be used as ammo against monster trucks. :D

I agree. And I hope it isn't. I would think the child being killed would have a much greater effect than the ADULT who was in front of the truck and should have known better.
Every sport has it's dangers, in many ways that is what attracts us to it!

Moto-cross
Sky diving
Rock Climbing
and Rock Crawling

all very safe sports, right??

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I agree. And I hope it isn't. I would think the child being killed would have a much greater effect than the ADULT who was in front of the truck and should have known better.
Every sport has it's dangers, in many ways that is what attracts us to it!

Moto-cross
Sky diving
Rock Climbing
and Rock Crawling

all very safe sports, right??

Snowmobiling quite possibly has more deaths per year than all of those combined.

Crinco

What I was referring to was the Adrenalin rush you get from doing dangerous things, and watching them too. I am sure snowmobiling fits in the dangerous category at times too with the speed these machines can reach on the trails and in the fields these days. We hear about more deaths from Avalanche and getting lost though around here, but our S&R is too old to go out looking for them.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Life without danger is just going through the motions. Not all of us have to wrestle sharks or anything, but it's the thrill of escaping injury or death that makes things enjoyable a lot of times. I hate to think there is a day coming when that kind of thing will be outlawed. :(