KSL is considering removing firearms from classifieds

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

x3, however even in the ideal world it won't see the traffic KSL's firearms section sees. Widows, angry ex's, pacifists, etc... all looking for an easy venue.

Does Craigslist allow firearm sales?

Its an interesting irony and my comment to KSL included that. They along with craigslist pretty much doomed the print classifieds industry. Des News/Trib classifieds always featured guns for sale and like KSL.com had their own section as well as occasionally appeared in the Thrifty's too.

I'm not 100% versed on the Utah laws and statutes on firearm transfers but I believe that there is zero actual responsibility on behalf of the seller so long as the person is of age no? How can they reasonably enforce a background check when the process is already a PITA for gun stores that have the number on speed dial? Do you want to have to offer up your personal id numbers on a form to a random gun seller? The process is flawed and while I can see KSL wanting to distance themselves with potential liability (think the Pawn Shop being sued because an employee made an illegal sale), I don't think that this is a wise answer.

What next? Verify that a car buyer has a valid drivers license and proof of insurance? Verify someone buying your old water heater is a licensed and insured plumber or electrician? Placing the burden of proof on a private party seller limits our reasonable access to free trade. Furthermore forcing sellers and buyers to work 'through' a BCI style process just further the belief that guns will eventually be taxed or traced, however unlikely friends of our nation have done just that (think Australia gun bans). I've got nothing to hide and don't mind showing my CWP to a private party seller when I purchase a firearm and I refuse the right to sell anything to anyone... but at what level should I have to investigate a old man that wants to buy an old six-shooter to give to his son?

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
:spork: So anyone get the idea that they really don't care what we want? The questions are biased and the whole public opinion poll is just so they can say they did it.