KSL: Rollover @ the B

Troop92

Super sad. Reminder that our favorite pastime is one that takes care/attention all the times. Thoughts go out to the family.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Shit. The article updated. Both parents passed. :( That is rough. My heart goes out to the kiddos. Hope they pull through with no problems.

Keep on eye on this, maybe this is something we can all step up and help with in some way. Super sad.

ozzy702

From the one picture the cage didn't look super compromised, I wonder exactly how they died and what could have been done to prevent it. I have two small children and one on the way and would like to one day start wheeling as a family but obviously want to be as safe as possible. Stories like this always make me think of the "what ifs".

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Looking at that same pic, they must have rolled down from pretty high up. That much jarring around can do a lot of damage. I'm betting the parents only had lap belts on if there were harnesses.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
Cage just saves you from getting crushed. . .

I'm sure it's a combination of hyperextension and branches coming into the cage. .

Wonder if he was a member on here?

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
Screenshot_2014-12-13-14-29-16_zps35d3cc51.png

Tj,

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
That it's a fairly well built rig from the looks of the pics. The way the front end is smashed and the roll cage it's in his order, l think this was an end over end roll.

Terrible tragedy.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Got more details on this today, apparently they were driving up a section of the B referred to as Mickey Mouse hill when it rolled all the way down onto Skyline Drive below.