KSL Scam?

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
I posted a few things that i am getting rid of on KSL the past few days and had a few call and more people just emailing questions and so on. One person said it was sold and would call after work well they did so i marked as sold but just now i got an email and something just dont look right what do you think?

Hello Seller,
I really appreciate your response to my earlier mail.like i said i will like to buy D300 so pls do withdraw the advert from KLS I will also like you to know that i will be paying via US Certified check due to the distance as i am located in state.I will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.

1.Your full name
2.Your mailing address be it residential or postal address
3.Your phone number.
4.Asking Price
and i will give you $50 plus the price of your items..with the total amount of the items

**I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping
i will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed the check**
Have a nice day

Bucking Bronco

You must be new to ksl classifieds. This has been going on for years and there is not much ksl can do.

A lot of people ask not to receive emails because of it. Most of the scammers have very bad grammar and spelling so they are easy to spot.

You will also notice they use generic terms. They rarely say what you are selling because they use the same scam for dozens of items on ksl.

Last edited:

Caleb

You need to string him on, reply back with your asking price of something ridiculous and see what they do. :p

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
My favorite was a reply to a scammer where I talked about anal sex.

A LOT.

I actually got a reply that just said "you are a sick man."

It was fun.

EROK81?

Sell out
I'm not disagreeing this is a scammer, but....if you provide the price, you name, and your address - what is that going to do? You can get that from a phone book.

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
Well i wrote him back stating call me or have someone call and show up with cash and he can have it and he never responded so ya scammer but out of all the dealings i have had with KSL ads this is the first scammer i have gotten so just kinda interesting

soda blaster

I have gotten phone calls using the deaf relay so you can't trace them. They are getting pretty desperate. I have decided to start playing with these people to see how much info i can get from them.