Front: Stock Dana 30 Lockright locker w/4.10's

Suspension: Front: Custom long arms with Rubicon Express 5.5" coils
Rear: Custom long arms with 16" Fox airshocks

Body: 1" Performance Accessories body lift

Drivetrain: Advance Adapters Slip Yoke Eliminator
Double Kardon CV driveshaft

Tires/Rims: 37x12.50 R15 MT/R's
15x8 Black steelies

Other mods: Wheelbase stretched to 107". Tub stretched 15" to use LJ soft top. LJ PSC crusher corners modified to fit longer WB. Hombrew swingout tire carrier.

Favorite Trails: Hell's Revenge and Moab Rim.

Last edited:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Rear Eaton e-locker? Man, you must have a hookup... Have you used it hard yet? What are your impressions of it?

kyojin

Just got done with my stretch. I've got some things I need to clean up and finish. Here are a few pics. Took a little more than a week and a half from start to where I feel safe enough driving it.

I need to make a rear bumper, crusher corners, a few other odds and ends. I love the Air Shox. Very smooth ride. The added 13" of wheelbase will be nice off road. Wheelbase is 107".

Attachments

• stretch4.jpg
    stretch4.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 118
  • stretch3.jpg
    stretch3.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 72
  • stretch5.jpg
    stretch5.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 77
  • stretch6.jpg
    stretch6.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

kyojin

tc meiser said:
looks good seen you driving in herriman last night great job on the stretch

thanks! I've still gotta clean it up and get some flares and a rear bumper. I passed a Sheriff on Rose Canyon Road where they like to do their speed trap this morning. Was worried he may pull me over but he didn't. What color is your Zuk? I'll keep my eye out for ya.

tc meiser

-customeiser-
mine is a shiny blue with 9 inch lift and 31s my little brother has a light blue one and is lifted with out tires yet. we live rigth behind the chevron . but we need to go do a trail have you been up in the south mountains at all? just south of herriman..

kyojin

I'm down for some wheeling. I've only been up Rose Canyon and just stayed on the main road. I would like to check out south mountains as long as its open to off-roading. Would hate to get stopped by cops. I'm available most anytime after 5pm.

kyojin

I didn't know how to weld then so my nephew in law did most of the work. If you know how to weld and measure then it's be too bad. We got my pinion angle completely wrong so I had to get adjustable upper/lower control arms to fix it. We put on a lift at the same time and didn't even think how that would affect pinion angle.

Total cost to do was around $500.00. I cut off and re-used my D35 brackets. They've worked great so far.

SICK99TJ

Stretch

Where did you relocate your fuel tank? up and under or in your back seat? i just stretched my front out 4 inches and now need to do the back, but dont really know where i want to put the tank. :D

kyojin

I took out the rear seat and that is where the tank went. I don't carry anybody back there anyways. I didn't have to mess with extending the fuel lines or anything. I live in Herriman so if you want to stop by and take a look at it you can.

Down the road I may get a fuel cell and put it back underneath the Jeep.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
how do you like the crawl ratio with 4.10's and the auto tranny? I've been reading up on the AW4 swap into a TJ, and a couple guys took out the teralow 4:1 they had in their t-case because it was "too low"

kyojin

Crawl ratio definitely could be better. With the 4.10's, auto, and 37's, I would love a 4.1. I have thought about an AW4 swap. Summit Machine Mike did the swap in his and he seems to like it quite a bit.

kyojin

Its been a good trans so far. It started slipping a couple month's ago and I put some more ATF in and its good to go. Running strong with 130k on the clock. I wish my RPM's were lower on the freeway. I run at 3k at 65-70 MPH. Having an overdrive would help with that. I would probably upgrade to 4.1 gearing before swapping out my trans. My trans is fine for what I need but I do NEED lower gearing for better crawling.