Official Land Access Petition needs your help!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Many of you know that SUWA is pushing the Red Rock Wilderness Bill. If the RRWB is allowed to pass in Congress, we will lose the ability to see 9 Million acres, and hundreds of miles of the most amazing Southern Utah roads. This bill will shut out all forms of mechanical access, including mountain bikes, motorcycles, OHV's, 4x4's, cars, etc. The only way to access these areas, 9 Million acres of Utah's land, will be on foot. The RRWB will also shut out important energy development, which is key considering our current energy situation.

SUWA has also put together an online petition to push the RRWB and has started gathering signatures, which they will then turn over to Congress showing how many people support this bill.

From SUWA's petition-

Please sign the petition below to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, urging Congress to permanently protect the remaining wilderness areas of Utah’s redrock canyonlands by passing America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act.
The Desired Outcome of this Petition:

The new Obama administration and Congress will give us an unprecedented opportunity to protect the redrock country of southern Utah. Passage of America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act would ensure that Utah’s redrock canyonlands would no longer be endangered by energy and mineral development, off-road vehicle damage, and other threats to this majestic landscape.

In order to combat this petition, we have put together our own anti-Red Rock Wilderness Bill petition. We need to gather more signatures than SUWA! Please sign the petition and pass it on to your friends, family, and anyone who does not want to lose access to Southern Utah!

Petition- RedRock Wilderness Bill is not the Answer!

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
:( I have been getting this error message since I tried to join like 5min after Jason started this group:
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete

Guess I'll try w/IE. :eek:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Sweet,thanks guys.. I'm novice at leading a group in this sort of thing.. But it peaved me when i had four invites to the opposite cause, in supporting the Redrock Bill.. I figured someone had to start a cause that represented our side.

Let's really spread this around.. The love for the redrocks of southern Utah are farther spread than just the borders of this great state.

I'll work on keeping the page updated, and i'm looking for the links for representitives to link up.. Any ideas on how to get more info out using this tool is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Jason

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
I actually rather enjoy Facebook, more than I thought I would... gave me the unique opportunity to run into all the people I knew from the branch/ward i grew up in.

Haven't participated in that gang affiliation in 20 years, so I have lost contact, and some of those people meant a lot to me..

Not as bright or colorful as myspace, byt way easier to use.. less b.s.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
So where does the petition go after this? Whats the game plan?

SUWA has their own pro-RRWB petition that they will present to Congress with all it's signatures. Their petition is opened to the end of the year, but I don't know when they plan on presenting their petition.

I would like to see USA-ALL or the U4WDA present our petition with signatures, right after SUWA presents theirs. I'd hope that we can beat them with signatures, just to show Congress that the RRWB is not a good thing and there are more people out there that are against it, than for it.