Land Rover Defender

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So my wife is looking for a new vehicle for her and we've been looking at the Land Rover Defender. Her biggest "want" is cooled seats. I'm looking for something that is fun to drive. We test drove one today and boy is that inline 6 fast. It had so many doodads we couldn't figure them all out. The built in refrigerator in the center console was a nice touch.

So anyone have any experience with them? Are they worth it or just an over-priced SUV? It would be nice on those really hot days to park the Jeep and take it instead. She drives a Ford Escape right now and I just don't really like driving it although it is a decent car it's just not "fun".

The_Lobbster

I wouldn’t touch a landrover (except a vintage model) with a 10’ pole and an extension. They’re notorious for electrical issues, and I’ve read that the brand new ones are still plagued with them despite having many years to figure out a solution.
The dealer in Lehi is so backed up with vehicles waiting for service, they’re overflowing into the grass field next door.

Just my two cents

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I wouldn’t touch a landrover (except a vintage model) with a 10’ pole and an extension. They’re notorious for electrical issues, and I’ve read that the brand new ones are still plagued with them despite having many years to figure out a solution.
The dealer in Lehi is so backed up with vehicles waiting for service, they’re overflowing into the grass field next door.

Just my two cents
Some day when I’m very rich and can afford that level of smug superiority I want to buy a brand new Range Rover. The level of depreciation is incredible, so it’s a total flex to show how little you care about taking that kind of loss. I can’t wait.