Landscaped the front yard

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We've had a good idea of how we wanted to make our yard look... should have, it's been almost 2 yrs since we've lived here! But anyway, we finally finished it up last week. There will be a few more plants going in, but that will be about it. I wanted a yard that didn't require weekly attention & the desert-scape is pretty big in this area, so our yard fits right in... mostly. :D

I got the 2 big rocks thru... umm... some 'friends' with a really big truck and a REALLY big boom. :greg: I've had the '26 Ford Model T body sitting in the garage, which I really needed the room so out it went! I'm still waiting to hear from the HOA, my neighbors don't mind it but I'm waiting for the bomb to drop. The body in the yard is a win-win for me, it doubles as storage and adds that antique look! :busted: :busted:

The engine block is either from a Model T or an A, but it has a Ford casting in it & says 'Made in the USA' right on it. :cool: It's on old Flathead motor with the valves in the block.

The cactus came from the local desert, the tree from Home Depot. The crushed rock from a local landscape place. Water usage should be minimal & hopefully weeds will be too. We laid down a fabric weed block before spreading the rock around.

All in all, I love it! It really looks like our yard, not some generic yard with pretty green, well groomed grass. I have watched people drive by & plenty of them slow down & point at the car... only half of them laugh! :rofl: Once I know that it can stay the flowers around the car will go in the ground, rather than the pots.

Attachments

• 100_3518 (Large).JPG
    100_3518 (Large).JPG
    147 KB · Views: 69
  • 100_3514 (Large).JPG
    100_3514 (Large).JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 100_3517 (Large).JPG
    100_3517 (Large).JPG
    165 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_3513 (Large).JPG
    100_3513 (Large).JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_3521 (Large).JPG
    100_3521 (Large).JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 100_3519 (Large) (Medium).JPG
    100_3519 (Large) (Medium).JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 100_3522 (Large).JPG
    100_3522 (Large).JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 28

Lazarus401

Old Time RME'r
Looks Great. I wanted to do the same thing with an old IH tractor, but there is now way I could get away with it in Stansbury. My wife put the Kiebosch on it as well.

Bart

I like it, but don't think my wife would approve at our place. I hope HOA stays out of your business. Nice work. I've been trying to come up with something for our front landscaping. It's been 15 years and I still don't have a clue. What's there just kind of happened, and looks like it.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I hate HOAs. :mad: When we built our house last year one of the major requirements was that there not be an HOA.

R

rockdog

That is awesome! Amy thinks it's pretty redneck, but she dun kno nuttin.
Uhh, hope she never see's our back yard.:D Wife made me drag home an old s%^^te fling. She planted traveling morning glory in it.
I like it Greg. I love cool old stuff like that in peoples yards. It was nice getting to talk to ya in Moab. If I ever get my truck done we would like to come down and do 21 road with you guys.

Last edited by a moderator: