Lap Belts

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Those corbeaus look much easier to buckle than the RJS harnesses. The 2 inch will certainly be less comfortable though, and for some reason those harnesses look cheasy to me. Can't say exactly why. :confused:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I thought the camlocks were kind of a PITA for regular usage. Latches, on the other hand, just look like hell. Function before fashion!

Latches.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Shawn said:
Latch or CamLock?

Cam locks worry me....I saw RJ brown fall out of his rig during a role (upside down). Seems that those of us that have a larger center of mass, the extra mass can and in RJ's case, did turn the lever on the cam.... :sick:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
oh you poor fat bastards! :D

no problems with the latches pinching, or do you lift and seperate before buckling up?

Hehehehe I know, I'm a dead man. :eek: :ugh: :(

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
I use the latch RCI 5pt's, there absolutely awsome. there comfortable for just day to day lap belts, and when I rolled, i didnt even realize I had gone all the way over to my roof till I gathered my senses.

RamToy

Wickha Wickha Wa
What do you guys think of the simpson belts ? Anyone use em ?

63029063.jpg

Caleb

I have the RCIs, and I love them...they are 3" wide and are way comfortable. I bought the whole 5 point setup but only use the lapbelt (for now). I would deffinitely buy the whole setup and if you want to only use the lap belt only use that but atleast you will have the option of adding the full harness later and the cost isn't much different. I too would stay away form the cam locks after RJs incident...I dont care if you're fat or skinny, that should not happen at the time you need those belts the most. The latch on the RCIs are super simple but effective, and it has an additional velcro strap to ensure it doesn't accidentally come undone.

The thing I have noticed about the corbeaus (and I have haerd a ton of guys comment about it) is they are WAY long, read the billavista article on PBB on them, he even comments on it.