Las Vegas trails?

jeepers

there is a nice place out there i think its about 30 miles out side of the hart of las vegas but its called red rock country well thats what the locals call it. all trails are marked like moabs trails

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Overton is where they do the "hump and bump" Never been but there looks to be good stuff there. Obviously there is some good stuff up here in STG too if you want to travel up this far.

ret32

I'm looking to move down to Las Vegas and was wondering what kind of trails there are in that area?

As mentioned, probably the best resource for the most popular and toughest stuff is the Vegas Valley 4 Wheelers. They used to have a really good library of trail maps and descriptions on their website, but the website just underwent a major facelift and is now in a very infant state. As far as I can tell, all the maps are gone, but hopefully this is a temporary situation as they get the new website up and running smoothly. It's definitely worth looking them up once you get down there. They are a very active and heavily involved group.

http://www.vv4w.com/

As far as more difficult trails requiring modified rigs, the Logandale Trail System, a couple of desert trails near Pahrump, and several trails on the California side of Death Valley National Park are the most popular.

As far as easy to moderate backcountry exploring, there are quite a few very remote and very lonely trails on BLM land in both Nye County and in Clark County. The BLM has been less than friendly toward 4x4 and ATV access and the local governments haven't been much help. If you go down there, get involved, help fight for the trails, the off road crowd down there needs more bodies engaged in their fight.

Check out this blog regularly for updates on backcountry exploring and general land use issues in the area. Spend some time looking through the older posts and through blogger's map website.

http://offroadinghome.blogspot.com/

teamwestoutdoor

All Locked up
That answers my next question of a good 4x4 club to join once I'm down there. I look forward to some great new trails. I also look forward to being closer to STG as I hear more and more of the great trails in that area. Thanks for everyones help.

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
That answers my next question of a good 4x4 club to join once I'm down there. I look forward to some great new trails. I also look forward to being closer to STG as I hear more and more of the great trails in that area. Thanks for everyones help.

I like that you named your rig, every rig should have a name!

leorn

reset
Tons of stuff in vegas. You will be very happy with law enforcement. Not sure what the lift laws are, but they are not enforced.

There are a few good trails, but you none near the city. (used to be, but dust is considered air pollution) and you will get ticketed quick even on power line roads.

Judging by your sig/avatar you will enjoy the vegas valley 4wheelers.

Trails:
Potato ridge/rocky gap
logandale trails - awesome-moab type sandstone with sand dunes too!.

The vegas valley 4wheelers will show you some more as well. You'll enjoy vegas. Contrary to popular belief its a great place to live!

i just joined this board and live in vegas. I just participated in the winter on the rocks event this past weekend. i I'm also a vv4w member. there are a ton of trails to enjoy around the Vegas Area. couple of my favorites are devils peak, Nelson triple threat, and Rocky Gap( vv4w adopted trail ). Let me know when you get here and i can get you acquainted with all of them. vv4w meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month. Check our calender for up coming events