Laws

Meat_

Banned
It's measured to the frame now, the lowest part of the frame. I don't recall the inches, but it's different for every GVW

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
to a frame height of more than 24 inches for a motor vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of less than 4,500 pounds;

to a frame height of more than 26 inches for a motor vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of at least 4,500 pounds and less than 7,500 pounds;

to a frame height of more than 28 inches for a motor vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of at least 7,500 pounds;

your truck should fall into the 4500-7500 pound class so you need to keep your frame within 26" of the ground

ranman

Hi-N-Dry
Or I can register it in Alaska where i came from , its obvious that not too many no the laws here except for a few, and if i wanted to live any where else, I'd move back to Alaska where there is no Lift Laws!

Caleb

74highboy said:
i work in a shop its 53 inches from the ground to the center of your head light

what shop is that??? Utah has NEVER had the headlight law...other states do but not Utah. Utahs used to be decided on your wheelbase times something divided by something and you ended up with almost your stock height, so there were almost no lift allowed. Now the law is as Rusted stated and its TONS better than it used to be thanks the the U4WDA.

74highboy

well i just went to a diffrent shop but i still work at the tunex on 3406 south redwoodroad on wednesday and thursday

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
74highboy said:
well i just went to a diffrent shop but i still work at the tunex on 3406 south redwoodroad on wednesday and thursday

Are you a state certified inspector?

Take not it was a Tunex that failed my glass... :rolleyes:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
74highboy said:
sorry i would of passed you and i will be state certified inspector next week

No sweat, I just took it "down the road", they verified it was legal...

You didn't know the lift law? What do they teach in the class?

74highboy

i havent taken the class yet i am next week but i would of passed it as long as it was some what safe to drive