Layton Bird Refuge

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
5767098158_46139bd7d7_b.jpg

DAA

What kind of lenses are you running on your 60D? I've only had mine about a month and haven't got to use it much yet. Already starting to get the hot running wants for some lenses though :D.

- DAA

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
I started with a pretty decent starter lens, I picked up the Sigma 17-50mm OSM HSM EX 2.8 fixed. I am thinking of upgrading soon, or adding on. Its just funds.. this camera thing is about as sick of an addiction I have EVER had...

So sweet when you nail it tho!

"It's weird that photographers spend years or even a whole lifetime, trying to capture moments that added together, don't even amount to a couple of hours." ~James Lalropui Keivom

DAA

I've been looking at Sigmas too. They seem to get pretty good reviews and are a lot less expensive than the comparable Canon models. I'd like to get a long lens for wildlife and like the looks of the Sigma 150-500 for the money, but even though it's a lot less than a Canon 100-400 it's still way out of my budget reach right now. So, I just ordered a Canon EF-S 55-250. Figure at $200 brand new, I can't go too far wrong and it certainly has more reach than the 18-135 kit lens that came with the camera.

- DAA

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
The one problem with the EFS is thats its locked to a 1.6x crop camera, you wont be able to use that bad boy on full frame if you upgrade body... keep that in mind. But, I have considered buying an efs.. to keep with this body. I plan on running two cameras...