Less than 48 hrs For Moab Hearing - 9 MILLION acres slated to close!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I emailed him to say thank you, but because i'm out of his area he can't email me back(atleast that's what his website told me after I sent the email).. But i know deep down he really wants to thank me.. :)

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
just put my two cents in for me and my wife.

this is rediculous has the ny represenative even been to moab to see what is going on there. its way more good than bad

im crossing my fingers and toes this just does not pass and goes away

capt scotty

We need to realize there is more to this bill than recreation access. The East Coast guys would hate to have the coal industry in their part of the country suffer from cheaper energy available from Southern Utah. It was sent back for more discussion. They will come back with a bill that breaks things down to smaller portions and claim they are compromising. We all need to keep up with this and act when it comes back to life. I too recieved the same letter from Congressman Chavez. At least they got our responses.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
We could always leave the Union, seize all so called Fed land and negotiate our own trade agreements. Not sure how many have the minerals for that plan though.

EROK81?

Sell out
We could always leave the Union, seize all so called Fed land and negotiate our own trade agreements. Not sure how many have the minerals for that plan though.

I love when people say this. If any states leave the union, they can goodbye to their economy and everything else.:rofl:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
http://www.sbwinvps.com/landuse/Cabela_s HR 1925.pdf

This is good news. Cabela’s is taking the steps necessary to negate the testimonial of Peter Metcalf during the H.R. 1925 hearing last Thursday. During that hearing Mr. Metcalf named some businesses that supposedly support his views in which angered many people who started email and calling Cabela’s telling them that they should not support ARRWA.

Here’s to kicking some SUWA ass! Screw you Metcalf, you liar!!!

Cabela_s-HR-1925.gif

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Rock on Cabelas. Too many companies sit on the fence, you can't blame them from a business standpoint but a place like Cabelas is an no-brainer.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Shane, how did you come across this and who was it sent to?

David Draper (Cabela's) was contact by members on Pirate, some complaining and some wondering the truth of the matter. Because of the amount of incoming calls and emails, Cabela's got quick wind of what was going on. Apparently David got in contact with Camo on Pirate4x4 and this press release is part of the result.

Now I just hope they remove Metcalf from the board. That guy is an outright thief and liar.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I've been in touch with Coleman as well. And others. Waiting to hear back still. Cabela's really stood up after Metcalf threw them under the bus...

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Just got this email from Jim Matheson:

Dear Mr. Goates,

Knowing of your interest in the proposed Red Rock Wilderness legislation, I wanted to share with you recent developments regarding this legislation.

As you may know, on October 1, 2009 there was a hearing before the National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands Subcommittee regarding H.R. 1925, America's Red Rock Wilderness Act. I presented testimony at the hearing. I said Utah has precious land that should be protected, but the Red Rock legislation as it is designed does not reflect the collective views of the many interested stakeholders in Utah, and will not effectively accomplish the goal of designating appropriate land as wilderness.

The debate about establishing wilderness areas in Utah has always been contentious. There are many stakeholders with different perspectives of Utah public lands issues. If we want to make progress, a collaborative process that engages all stakeholders must occur. Recently, I helped write the Washington County Growth and Conservation Act. It designated 256,000 acres of wilderness, the first ever Wild and Scenic River in Utah, and authorized the removal of a dam site within an environmentally- sensitive habitat. It was not just a wilderness bill, and it was a bipartisan effort that eventually led to great progress on this most contentious public lands issue. My work on this legislation represents the process that is the best way, but the only way to accomplish the goal of addressing public lands issues in Utah.

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) also has significant concerns with H.R. 1925. In his testimony, BLM director Richard V. Abbey expressed similar concerns to mine about the bill not having been a product of various stakeholders. In addition, the BLM testimony advocated for a process like the Washington County approach.

Wilderness cannot be the work of only one group of stakeholders, no matter how extensive or sincere. That is a major reason why I do not support HR 1925-it does not reflect the collective views of the many interested stakeholders in Utah. As legislators, our job is to achieve progress. I am committed to being a partner with all stakeholders in a collaborative effort that dissolves gridlock and provides a legacy for future generations.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Ya, i'm not a big fan of him overall, but I am definately glad that he is on board with everyone drafting up ideas, rather than letting a one-sided group get all the say.