• Stick with old HF stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • But new HF or Northern Tool set

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I’m wanting to buy a decent of welding gauges for my Co2/argon mix. I think mine are HF units? What’s the best thing to do? Throw down on a name brand and never wonder about them again? Stick with a cheap set? All I’m paying for is a name?

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I assume you're needing the complete regulator assembly, and not just the gauges? Aside from replacing a gauge that was physically damaged from a drop, I have had zero issues with the ones I got 12 or so years ago from the one and only Jake Mecham at Airgas. I believe they are Radnor brand.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I'm a big fan of the floating ball type flow meters.
I've had good luck with these:

POR

Radner, harris, victor is the cats meow.. anything they sell at the weld shops will give you years of problem free service. If you practice shut gauges off when not in use tye hf stuff would be fine too, i just dont think they meter as accurate.. but who reads those anyway lol

astjp2

Well if you buy a victor gauge, it can be rebuilt if you are having a problem with it. I picked up several pairs off of ebay, dual stage regulators have a more consistent flow, they can be identified fairly easily, google it. Tim
Pawn shops are also good to find regulators at.