Let's go duning!

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
**EDIT**

Due to conflicts with the event in St. George on Jan 30th, this is being pushed to Saturday Feb 6th. Please see below!

I would like to formally invite all to attend a totally unofficial RME event. We will be going to the Little Sahara Recreation Area, specifically the area around Sand Mountain, on Saturday Feb 6th!.

So far we haven't managed to put together an RME group ride (that I'm aware of) and it's high time we got-er-done! It will be open to motorcycles, ATV's, UTV's, or whatever you think you can keep up with us on.

I have a very limited number of extra ATV's that I'm willing to haul down and loan to fellow RME'ers. You just have to agree to show up and ride it responsibly!

I would like to have a group tailgate lunch. If we can make this happen, I'll bring a grill and burgers if people can help with snacks and sides. Post up your suggestions and let's make this happen!

Jared

Last edited:

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
All I have is a Tote Gote but I may be up for this :) -- I can also bring a grill.. so I am 95% in-- have to check with the boss first :)

1995zj

I'm addicted
A lot of RME'rs are probably going to be in St. George for the Crawlfest. Sounds fun though! If I weren't going to be building my ZJ for the next few weekends I'd most likely come.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I would come, but I am going to be attending the FMX Gravity Slashers at Energy Solutions...I think quite a few are going to St.George too.. If you end up bumping this for another weekend I will drag my 400ex and KX500 out.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
OH DANG! :D X2 on bumping it up a week.

I blew my front master cylinder seals but If I can possibly get the parts in before then I'm down. Let me see what I can do!

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Whoops! I didn't notice the conflict with St. George. Let's do push this to another weekend. I'll be in Moab on the weekend of Feb 13-14, so that's out for me.

Any major conflicts with Saturday, Feb 6th?

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
I would love to, but my DR650 just isn't a dunes bike... :rofl: And I'd hate to wreck one of your loaners.

Greg - I think you'd be very surprised at what your bike would do in the wet, winter sand. It's more like riding on a wet beach than riding in the hot July desert. I'm taking my XR650R with its larger tank and such. Admittedly, it's not a 10 gallon monster! Just don't fill it up.

Think what a great writeup it would make for advrider.com!

Jared

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Greg - I think you'd be very surprised at what your bike would do in the wet, winter sand. It's more like riding on a wet beach than riding in the hot July desert. I'm taking my XR650R with its larger tank and such. Admittedly, it's not a 10 gallon monster! Just don't fill it up.

Think what a great writeup it would make for advrider.com!

Jared

I would agree, I went last year in Febuary and didnt even end up putting the paddles on cause the sand was so set up I was flying up sand mountain without paddles.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
^ I agree with these guy's Greg ^ The sand will be set up pretty good.

My ATK isn't going to make this one so I may have to bring out the 500 :greg:

STAG

On my grind
I just bought a 2008 YZ450F last week and I have been itchin to get it out and go for its first ride. Count me in. I'll have to run down to RockyMountain and get a rear paddle for it.

I've practically grown up at Little Sahara, going several times every year since I was six years old, always on an ATV though. This is my 2nd time riding a dirtbike down there, (first time on one with actual power :D ) so it will be a "trial and error" run... hopefully with no error...

2008yz450f.jpg

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
So... this is tomorrow! Who's in?

Since it's a 3 hour drive for us... we'll be at the ranger (pay) station at approximately 10am, and moving to big sand mountain immediately following that. The entrance fee is $8 (I think!) and whip flags are required on ALL vehicles travelling in the open sand areas. Don't show up with an unregistered bike... they WILL impound it!

We'll be in a 4 door silver Dodge Dakota, and probably the only Subaru there. I'll try to park on the east side (left as you approach sand mountain) of the parking area if you miss us at the ranger station. There hasn't really been a big response to this trip, so sadly the BBQ grill will be staying home for this trip.

If you're on the fence about this one, just remember that a even bad day at the dunes is better than hemorrhoid surgery! Just do it!

If you beat us there flag us down, or call me at 801-920-3044. See you there!

Jared

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Sorry for the late notice, but count me out. At work tonight (just got home) I found out that I am needed for coverage at 6AM tomorrow... LAME!!!

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Ill be there, not sure what time, probably see you at sand mtn, Ill have my nephew, and my friend and his daugter... Ill be in a white z71 with a trailer and hauling a KX500, KX450, KX125, and a YZ 125.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
It was a great day for the dunes. The weather, while cool, was perfect. It was nice meeting you guys!

We really need to do a "well attended" get together sometime soon before it gets to be 100* and crowded down there.

Jared