Let's hear your stories that start with a bad decision

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
Lost $800 and several months without a second vehicle and 4x4.

The bad decision: Purchasing a Mitsubishi Montero.

Lesson learned, stick with Toyota; or at the very least something somewhat familiar.

i heard somewhere that mitsubishi once tried to get the vehicle contract from toyota for the UN, the UN had been using the same landcruisers for 10 hard years and were in need of new rigs, mitsubishi gave them 4 pajeros to test out. 10 days later, not one pajero was still running. and the UN renewed the contract with toyota.

no source on that, just a story i was told

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Talking myself into building a LCG rig on 42s in a one car garage.

Most recently. Being talked into moving to new mexico

O'neal

?????????
Too many thing's to name.Currently it's workin 2 job's,backhalfing the zuk,doin the dual trans build/tubebed stretched to 118"wb,1 link rear,etc....worst decision is giving it to my 15yr old son who will be getting his licencse in 23 days and i'm regretting it every time i work on it and he is pushing me to get it done before aug 23rd,which is his b-day and the day before school starts.

jedi

aboogadaboogadaboogada
friend gave me a complete 9in. He got hard up for money right after, so i sold it and gave him all the money. He then told me im a dumb@ss for giving him the money and He would have just kept it. No thank you either.

rondo

rondo
My mistake was answering two classified ads here. (I won't say who they are so pls don't ask)

First was buying someone's tires. Bought 5 tires and wheels. They looked OK. Two of the 5 were so holed they were worthless. One other holds air for about 2 weeks. I thought, ok at least i got wheels. (they never balanced). Was talking to another RME dude who said "you bought the tires and wheels from **name not given**. You fool, i bet every wheel is bent :ugh: I know who the *#$% is if he's broke down on the side of the road well....

Next was buying 2 derelict ww2 jeeps from a RME er (is that a word?). They were so bad that paint and bondo held them together. it's not like they were prize. Drove 2 1/2 hours to see them. We shook on the deal, like that matters. Borrowed a car hauler, went back and the dude said oh yeah, i decided not to sell them. Well thanks a$$ for NOT letting me know, (and your word is good as dirt) as i wasted a lot of time and $$

I'm not bagging on RME with this thread for the record. I've bought and sold a LOT of stuff here and most people are more than honorable.