Let's see your trail pics.

Ant

Here's my junk on Big Johnson Down in JV...
1171.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I don't have anymore pics of that CJ. I really like it, the idea of coils in the rear of a CJ totally appeals to me. So your going coils? What are you going to use for the springs?

And that's your friends CJ, with the massive wheelbase? I was thinking it was yours, my bad.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
there is an actual federal mandate enacted in the mid 70's that bans all such gratuitous uses of flames and faux-flames seen on the above p/u. there were several environmental groups that pushed for the ban in order to restore the environment around owners of said vehicles. the paint jobs seemed to attract other leaky american made vehicles to a centralized location often in trailer parks. this was fine for short periods of time but the american made vehicles leaked so much oil it posed both fire and ground water contamination. since most of the south west california is watered by underground aquafers and underground lakes they traced the pollution back to a centralized "FLAME-VEHICLE". the banned the pain jobs in hopes of stopping the gathering of leaky vehicles's but it was useless. the law was not enforced after the early 80's and soon went dormant. you can still see the law on the books but it has long since fallen into the dark ages.
and if you believe that, i have some prime beach front property on the great salt lake that you wouldn't believe!!!
:D :D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by RedRockXJ
Marc, please say that truck wasn't yours.....that's one tacky paint job!!!!

Mine looked like this that day.....
freshpaint.jpg

That was Jeremy's and it wasn't the most impressive paint job, but it did find some ways to flex through the crack.

Stomp

Heres one from Avon a year or two ago. My 33" Jetzon tires just couldnt handle it:rolleyes: . I knew they wouldnt so I tried to compensate with speed, which flooded my distributor cap:mad:
I bought some 33" swampers the following day:D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
i think a zuk on stock rubber is like 5'5" or something like that. hey i am willing to give it a try. i have a stock set of rubber in the backyard and while we are at it anyone need some pizza cut!!!:D
here is a pic of how we got to moab last october. it fit rather nicely into the box of this semi.