Lets talk seats..

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
So we are getting ready to finish the build on our 4runner. We have decided on our RTT, fridge,hot water system, tires, etc. The runner has SR5 seats that are pretty decent seats but not the greatest, our last trip back home told us we need to look for something better. We are looking for seats that can handle many long hours driving as well as around town driving. So do any of you have aftermarket seats? Why did you choose them? Is there a comparison chart somewhere that someone knows about?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm seriously considering a pair of Corbeau Baja XRS seats for my GMC. I want the same thing, seats that will be comfortable after hours of driving on & off pavement.

If I don't go with the XRS, I'll get the Baja RS seats.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I dig the Corbeaus. I have the A4's in my Jeep, but sometimes I wish I went with the Baja's. Anything longer than about 5 hours in the seat starts to get uncomfortable

Caleb

I had PRPs in my buggy and Corbeau Bajas in my last TJ. There is a night and day difference in the two. PRPs are a million times nicer, the price reflects that but I'll do them over Corbeaus for my future rigs.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I had PRP's in my last buggy and liked them a lot, and have Corbeau Baja SS's for my Willys....but can't really say how they are longterm, since it's nowhere near driving. :rolleyes:

I think any of the aftermarket brands (other than the super-cheapies) will be a great upgrade to your stock seats, and the more you spend the more comfy they MIGHT be.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I had PRPs in my buggy and Corbeau Bajas in my last TJ. There is a night and day difference in the two. PRPs are a million times nicer, the price reflects that but I'll do them over Corbeaus for my future rigs.

I have a pair of the standard Corbeau Bajas in the garage for the Beater Buggy and had some Baja Ultras in my TJ. I loved the Ultras, seems like they were a higher grade seat compared to the Baja. I wonder is the Baja is more of a standard seat?

I'm all for supporting the local businesses as well.

Caleb

I wonder is the Baja is more of a standard seat?

I'm all for supporting the local businesses as well.

I think so. IMO, the Bajas material was no where near as heavy duty and the suspension support didn't seem as nice. But, like I mentioned, the Baja is what, about $200 a seat and the PRPs are about $400 a seat. Are the PRPs twice as nice, probably not.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
After my back injury last summer, I'm really not looking forward to lots of time in my ZJ's seats offroad. So something different will likely be in order come summertime.

Rollin_thunder

Has anyone used the Corbeau GTS II seats yet? I'm looking to get those for my 68 C10 here in a few months and wanted to hear your thoughts if you bought them.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
steel-horse-45511-th.jpeg

I have been running these for the last 4 vehicles, they are superb for everyday driving and fairly supportive for DD-wheeling. I got my set waaaay back when, when MEPCO was still in outer space. I love them, and they have held up, as well-- no rips, tears, or sagging. Mine are Steel Horse Super Seats, but I think Bestop is making them now.

carsonc1974

if your set on a suspension seats, I will say, you get what you pay for... i had Corbeau baja RS and they were nice but didn't hold up. best suspension seat i have ever been in was a mastercraft 3g.It is a premium seat but definitely comes with a premium price tag. My latest seat that i have tried and that have been pleasantly surprised with, were my were some Twisted Stitch Ultra Comp's. Very nice middle of the road seat that will be comfortable for years.

neagtea

Supporting Member
I have ran beards since Ed beard made them in his garage.
My buddy has been running mastercraft in everything forever.
For race mastercraft or sparco and or cobra
I also have ran prp's.
I prefer the beard or mastercraft they seem to hold up better than corbeau. Although corbeau has came a long way in the last few years. So that said you will be happy with whatever you end up with.:)

Toad

I have the baja rs in the CJ. Have had them for two years or so. Holding up fine. I picked the RS for a couple reason. Price. I think they were 280 ish a seat. I really like the Mastercrafts a lot. Very nice seats just pricey. Second I am a fat kid. I did not want a really deep and narrow seat that my fat butt would not fit in. They are the only seat that I can spend all day in and be comfy.

krany

kranberry
Has anyone used the Corbeau GTS II seats yet? I'm looking to get those for my 68 C10 here in a few months and wanted to hear your thoughts if you bought them.

we have that one down at my work(low range off road in orem) if you want to come down and see how it feels. imo its not my personal favorite from them. i like the baja rs

RogueJeepr

Here!
Ive worked on a few Corbeu seats in the past and I gotta say they are crap . Using headliner material for seats is just stupid and dosent hold up long. Not much suspension in em at all. A factory toyota seat does a better job of that. If ya gotta spend the money
Mastercraft are the way to go .

machrism

I'm looking Mastercraft for my truck. Sat in one at the shop that's doing the work. Felt great. The G3 is the one I'm thinking of getting. Have you looked at Masters yet. Probable are your best bet.