Liberty Homes: Anyone ever build with them?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
We had a HORRIBLE experience building our first home in '96-97 (dragged out over 13 months with all kinds of screw ups). Anyone have any experience with Liberty homes?

We're thinking about building something that'll work better for us over the next 20 years. What we have will work, but it's not ideal. Houses seem to be selling QUICK in our area lately. We're just thinking of taking advantage of it. The lot we're looking at is just about 1/4 mile from where we currently are so the kids don't have to change schools or anything like that. Just not sure I'm ready for another building experience unless I can get some good recommendations about the builder.

I'm not thinking all will be "perfect" about any builder or building experience, but it's important to me to get the basic things right (placement on the lot would be a good start, then we can work from there). I swore I'd just happen to bring a shotgun to the builders meeting if I ever built another home. I'm willing to do that if required..... (not threatening anyone, but just to let people know I have one)

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
that looks like a nice plan!

I do a lot of work for Destiny Homes (Not Destination) so I was hoping we had something close you were looking for. We focus mainly on Ramblers tho...not to many 2 story plans.

I say go for it! New home sales are slow right now so builders are going out of their way to sell homes. Especially for someone who can get a loan!

What are the plans for the detached shop??

mbryson

Supporting Member
that looks like a nice plan!

I do a lot of work for Destiny Homes (Not Destination) so I was hoping we had something close you were looking for. We focus mainly on Ramblers tho...not to many 2 story plans.

I say go for it! New home sales are slow right now so builders are going out of their way to sell homes. Especially for someone who can get a loan!

Our sticking points are, bedroom floor laundry, master suite and third car garage. (that's straight from her mouth :D) Otherwise, we'll just stay where we are. We really like our little cul-de-sac and the neighbors. Just see a chance to get into a plan that'll arrange things a little better for us than they are currently. If we do it, cool. If we don't, I'm OK with that as well. The other place we're looking has only one lot left, and we're trying to figure out if the two story will fit on the lot that's left (in a cul-de-sac as well--south of us about 1/4 mile or so). We'll have all the info on Sat., I guess? Then it's decision time. Just hoping to get a feel for working with the builder from this thread.

What are the plans for the detached shop??

I'm thinking there would be more room for the detached shop in our current home. The concrete cost was as much as the shop, though (which is still an option, just need to figure out how to fund it and there's a few little zoning issues (variances or something that extend 15' onto our property from the rear---that seems a little much?))

If we do end up doing this, I'll have to work with the third car garage option. There's a little room for expansion there. Enough to make everything work how it'll work for me. It won't quite be as big as Braden's garage, but similar concept and would likely work as well for me.
(I just want my truck inside)

DevinB

I like traffic lights
If you have your eye on some land and want a custom home, I'd be more than happy to help. I'm starting a custom home design firm in Utah County.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Liberty are the folks building behind me. Can't really say as I'm really impressed, but not bad either. I think it depends more on the particular subs rather then the builder.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
My development is split between Tuscany and Liberty and the Liberty homes are far nicer than the Tuscany ones. I have no idea about working with them, but the product seems to be nice.

Also, in 1999 they let me and a friend use their company for a marketing reserach project and were really cool about helping us out. 10 years is a long time so it's hard to say if any of the same people are still around.

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
I'm neutral with them, neither good nor bad. If you want to see what the "existing homes" market has let me know there are a lot of homes around here looking for a new owner!

mbryson

Supporting Member
I'm neutral with them, neither good nor bad. If you want to see what the "existing homes" market has let me know there are a lot of homes around here looking for a new owner!

We really liked the model. Seemed quite well constructed and was a plan that we liked a lot. The bad is that we can't fit the model of home we want with a three car garage in the location we'd like. That, and the price of a lot in Davis county is a total deal killer for the Liberty build.

We're somewhat interested in another home in the immediate area, but not in any kind of hurry to move unless it's the exact right thing. What we have works OK, but there are a few items we'd upgrade if we could.

main floor laundry (preferred bedroom floor laundry)
3 car garage (or a two car garage with an outbuilding that could be used as a garage to fit the Dodge) with room for travel trailer and flatbed trailer in the yard
4 bedrooms
and we have to hit the "cute" factor into the high (whatever that means)

options are two story or a rambler