Light Racing SPC upper control arms for '96-04 Tacoma, '96-02 4Runner

sixstringsteve

I'm selling my Light Racing (SPC) upper control arms. They were on my truck and the upper bushings blew out. So I ordered the new and improved bushings for them to upgrade them to the most current edition of the UCA. The new bushings have not yet been installed, but they are included with the UCAs. These are the only upper control arms that will restore your vehicle back to factory alignment settings. They're every big as beefy as Total Chaos or similar arms, and since they don't have a uni-ball they don't squeak and need to be rebuilt every 6 months. My truck came with Total Chaos upper control arms, and I ditched them to upgrade to SPC upper control arms. These are, in my mind, the best upper control arms made for toyotas. Cost $430 new.

$200.

sixstringsteve

Long story. My truck was out of commission yesterday, and I needed an immediate fix. Nobody had the bushing in stock, and I couldn't go on my trip with busted bushings. So I had to buy brand new Light Racing UCAs or miss the trip. So I bought brand new UCAs. So now these ones are for sale with new bushings (making them like new UCAs except for the upper ball joint). These are in great shape.

sixstringsteve

Not bad at all. I'll take some pics. I think they look better than the new ones I bought (new ones have some slight rust).

sixstringsteve

The finish looks really good, there's one spot that's been rubbed. about an inch long. No rusting though. Pics to come in 5 min.

sixstringsteve

Camera%252520HDR%252520Studio%252520-%2525201387675932925.jpg

1 inch long scratch on the inside:
Camera%252520HDR%252520Studio%252520-%2525201387675867488.jpg

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I can't be reading this thread right now. You're horrible, Steve.

Just need a press to install the bushings, right? How many miles on the UBJs?

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

There are about 10-15k on the UCAs. Yes, you just need a press to install the bushings, and a sawzall to cut the old ones out. You're welcome to use my press, or you can use the bolt and washer method.

Think of all the money I'm saving you.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
That's a smokin' deal, Steve, I wish the '99 actually needed them so I could pull the trigger. If I end up lifting that truck more a year or two from now and need to fix the caster I'm sure I'll be kicking myself.

sixstringsteve

Yes. It feels 100 times better now. My steering rack still has some play in it, but other than that it's tight as a drum.