Lighten the mood

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
My wife took down all of the Christmas decor in our house last night. It was up for just under a month and that feels like a lot of effort to me... it's not my effort so 🤷‍♂️
We put ours up right after Thanksgiving (generally) and take it down right after New Years. Thats the "Christmas Season" for me. Still a ton of effort and junk for a little over a month.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
When I read the story earlier I was like dude, 27,000 sq ft must've been an error. Then I thought if it isn't, that's crazy and I would never want that...

Then I found the zillow link and now I want one. The tennis court is 🌈 but I could park crappy, old jeeps on it.

02SE

When I read the story earlier I was like dude, 27,000 sq ft must've been an error. Then I thought if it isn't, that's crazy and I would never want that...

Then I found the zillow link and now I want one. The tennis court is 🌈 but I could park crappy, old jeeps on it.

I don't know the story, but it looks like someone ran into financial problems and construction was halted.

I'm sure arson investigators are looking at this closely, as possible insurance fraud.

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

I know that neighborhood well, actually grew up just North of it on Moor Lane. That neighborhood was built for Wordperfect executives after the company made millions. I remember when that neighborhood was Apple orchards (late 80's). 😮

The CEO of the company built a home just South of that property... I did some electrical work on his property. I can tell you some insane stories about it.

This one - https://maps.app.goo.gl/TnyGdGurHbmYMiKp8

There is garage parking for 14 vehicles on the property IIRC, and one of the garages was built to support a helicopter landing pad on top, the one next to the swimming pool.

We were paid to run power to several of the pine trees on the front yard for Christmas lights. The two power wires to EACH TREE were both bigger than my thumbs and each tree was getting more amperage than a normal single family home.

The landscaping crew loaded the trees up with so many lights, when they threw the massive breakers, they tripped and had to get upgraded again, doubled in size.

We had to hand dig the trenches for the wiring, they didn't want to use a trencher and tear up the landscaping.

IIRC, when the trees were lit up (6 of them) the electrical bill was $40k a week.

In the Winter nights when the lights were on, it looked like a nuclear glow from a mile away.

The landscaping crew of 6-8 employees worked 7 days a week... they'd plant flowers around the property and every week, dig them up and replace them with different color flowers.

There is a massive wall around the property and it had some kind of underground fiber optic security system that could detect a cat walking over the perimeter. It ended up being way too sensitive and tripping all the time. 😆

The house had a maintenance tunnel underneath it were all the electrical, plumbing, HVAC etc ran. I spent weeks walking and working in it.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
IIRC, when the trees were light up (6 of them) the electrical bill was $40k a week.

In the Winter nights when the lights were on, it looked like a nuclear glow from a mile away.

The landscaping crew of 6-8 employees worked 7 days a week... they'd plant flowers around the property and every week, dig them up and replace them with different color flowers.
You know, a nice house is one thing, but what a colossal waste of money. Tell me you're an asshole without telling me you're an asshole...

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
So very well... we used to play Kick the Can in their yard. They were about 4 houses down the hill from us.

Did you ever hear about Seth's temper when he was younger? 😆
Uh, Seth still has that temper in his back pocket when he needs it :rofl: I married Ashley. Small world.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I’d turn that indoor pool and tennis court into a supercross track! Now we that would be a dream house!
I was just telling my dad I could build a few rock crawling obstacles in there lol but a moto track or pump track would be way fun too

I just realized you included the pool in the changes too… I’d keep the pool for sure.

Last edited:

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time

This house is funny to me. It has a front facade that looks amazing.. and the back looks like a circus tent.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I know that neighborhood well, actually grew up just North of it on Moor Lane. That neighborhood was built for Wordperfect executives after the company made millions. I remember when that neighborhood was Apple orchards (late 80's). 😮

The CEO of the company built a home just South of that property... I did some electrical work on his property. I can tell you some insane stories about it.

This one - https://maps.app.goo.gl/TnyGdGurHbmYMiKp8

There is garage parking for 14 vehicles on the property IIRC, and one of the garages was built to support a helicopter landing pad on top, the one next to the swimming pool.

We were paid to run power to several of the pine trees on the front yard for Christmas lights. The two power wires to EACH TREE were both bigger than my thumbs and each tree was getting more amperage than a normal single family home.

The landscaping crew loaded the trees up with so many lights, when they threw the massive breakers, they tripped and had to get upgraded again, doubled in size.

We had to hand dig the trenches for the wiring, they didn't want to use a trencher and tear up the landscaping.

IIRC, when the trees were lit up (6 of them) the electrical bill was $40k a week.

There is a massive wall around the property and it had some kind of underground fiber optic security system that could detect a cat walking over the perimeter. It ended up being way too sensitive and tripping all the time. 😆

The house had a maintenance tunnel underneath it were all the electrical, plumbing, HVAC etc ran. I spent weeks walking and working in it.

Those are some pretty bonkers houses!!

I have always believed that I will have money someday.. but I can't even imagine that kind of money.
I also can't imagine wasting that kind of money. It seems to me that at some point you would realize enough is enough.. but maybe that's my poor mindset, which is why I wont have that kind of money..