Lighten the mood

DAA

Actually, yes.

Not in exactly so many words, but, me too.

It was a literal crisis of faith moment in my life. Really. And when I started to willfully break away from the Church.

Short version. I was interviewing for a temple recommend to get baptized for the dead. Told my bishop I wasn't worthy because all I thought about and spent all my effort on all day and all night was getting twoofy. He said "ahhh... no worries". I got dunked in the basement of the temple for like 50-something dead Jews and knew that if what I had been taugh was real, they were all totally effed...

- DAA

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Not in exactly so many words, but, me too.

It was a literal crisis of faith moment in my life. Really. And when I started to willfully break away from the Church.

Short version. I was interviewing for a temple recommend to get baptized for the dead. Told my bishop I wasn't worthy because all I thought about and spent all my effort on all day and all night was getting twoofy. He said "ahhh... no worries". I got dunked in the basement of the temple for like 50-something dead Jews and knew that if what I had been taugh was real, they were all totally effed...

- DAA

That's actually a complex thought process and truly shows your integrity (at least to me). I had quite a few similar discussions around the same time with my then bishop and came to a different conclusion. Beliefs are truly odd and funny.