Little Moab 9-13

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Well decided to run out to Little Moab Sat. morning. When we got there around 10:30, we were surprised to see nobody out there. About 1 people started to show up. Ended up with about 10 rigs. Still haven't made it through an entire day without major body damage, but the Toy seems to be working pretty well. Oh, and this was the initial trial for my new tires. 36-12.50-15 Swamper SX's.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
ended up as this. Doooh!:eek:
Well it looks like a cold winter, cuz' I'll never get the door to fit now.:D

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Originally posted by utahxj
Too bad about the door...but did you drive out of it?

Yeah, I drove out it, had to drive on my side for about 10 ft before the driver front would grab that little ledge. Then, it popped right up.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Originally posted by RockMonkey
Cool, pics! What were your impressions of the SXs compared to whatever you were running before?

I think I'm going to like them a lot. I'm not used to the stiffness, I only aired down to 9psi fr/rr. I think next I go out I'll try about 6. I just finished getting the suspension under the truck, so I just had an old set of BFG MT 35s that I had laying around. Those were so soft and thin that they stuck like glue, but you never knew when a rock was going to puncture the sidewall.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
So, your initial impression is that they don't stick as well as your worn-out BFGs? Insteresting. BTW, I've found you have to air em down to about 6 to make the sidewalls flex. They seem to climb best around that pressure too.

B-RAD

Hey core, you basterd J/K Dam dude you'd probley do a hole lot better getting the tires to stick if you putting them in the air so much :rofl:Mr tip tester. boy my dad would kick you ass for thrashing his truck so bad.:eek: trust me you will love the SX's but yes you need to air them down alot more I run mine at 6lbs on jagged riverbed trails and about 2-3 on slickrock with as cool as it is in the morning you should check them again when they warm up. cool pics did ya get a new camera?

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Thanks for the advice Rockmonkey and B-Rad, I just wasn't sure how low I dared to go w/o beadlocks. I'll definitely try 5-6psi next time.
B-Rad, your old man loves seeing that old truck going where it's going!!:D