Little Moab - last weekend

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Oh man, if you wanna pay my ticket if we get caught. Thats what a grand per rig? :eek:

We can always do highland and go up the backside of corner!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by tweakeyjeep
Oh man, if you wanna pay my ticket if we get caught. Thats what a grand per rig? :eek:

We can always do highland and go up the backside of corner!

First, you have to get caught to pay...

Second, none of my tickets up ther cost over $50.00 and if I ammerize that, considering the 100's of times I didn't get caught... its like nickles and dimes...:D

Third, the last Sheriff I talked to said they were no longer activly patrolling the area since it is all being developed for houses...

How lame is that... for the last few years they won't let you wheel but now it is a huge housing development, they have torn the hell out of the place.... LAME!

:D :p

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

First, you have to get caught to pay...

Second, none of my tickets up ther cost over $50.00 and if I ammerize that, considering the 100's of times I didn't get caught... its like nickles and dimes...:D

Third, the last Sheriff I talked to said they were no longer activly patrolling the area since it is all being developed for houses...

How lame is that... for the last few years they won't let you wheel but now it is a huge housing development, they have torn the hell out of the place.... LAME!

:D :p

I agree about the lame part.

I never knew it was less than $50, some kid told me his ticket was in excess of $800!!! He was on the sand hill!

Well... Maybe this weekend? I don't know what the plans are, but I'll give you a call and we can go rally!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by tweakeyjeep
...I never knew it was less than $50, some kid told me his ticket was in excess of $800!!! He was on the sand hill!...

Well in all reality, the tickets could be very high if they are issued by the Forest Service Rather than the SL County Sherriff..... Anything above the Upper Corner Canyon Road is considered Wilderness Area... that and the fact that the snadhill has signs posted.... funny thing... they don't want you on the sand hill so it can revegitate? WTF... Lame...

I have an older map that I got the first time I went to court.. it still shows the Jacobs ladder route open... good enough for me....

Another good loophole is the Lone Peak hiking trail. There is not actual trailhead, so where do you stop driving and start hiking? It is very possible to drive well over half of the trail? So how do they enforce that? They would need to post a trailhead, decide on a parking spot and allocate land to be used in the future as a trailhead for the popular hike... something that isn't likely to happen too soon!.... So for now, I will continue to play...

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

I have an older map that I got the first time I went to court.. it still shows the Jacobs ladder route open... good enough for me....

Another good loophole is the Lone Peak hiking trail. There is not actual trailhead, so where do you stop driving and start hiking? It is very possible to drive well over half of the trail?

Do you know which one that is? I don't have a map so everytime I just go whatever seem the least enforced. A Blazer cop chased us down the main trial last year. Me and my buddy were going like 40 down that washboardy road :cool: It was pretty freaky.

What trail is the main one that takes you all the way over to highland? We usually do that one now because a cop told me that all trails were closed except the main trail. How do you plan on getting across the gate? I tried goin up 2 weekends ago and the gate was closed. I'll give you a call this weekend so you can show me what your mall cruiser can do! :D

Last edited: