Little Moab May 20th

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
"ya they said you probobly need to shim it, you should have just enough clearance for the gears to slide past each other" SO I get to trail and error it.. I am assuming that only one set of gears should slide past the other at a time (hope).. now I just have to find shims and such.. thinking of just getting a bunch of thin spider gear side gear thrust washers to space it with?

DOSS

ya I have a rather large gap.. they said that I would just have to find a set of shims and figure it out.. worst support I have ever seen...

CrawlerCraig

Yeah that blows! I take it you ordered it from them direct?

Six States should have them.....Plus they might be able to help explain things. Might look up some shops in Tooele that do 4x4 gears and they would have some to....Maybe even free!

DOSS

I guess I will have to give six states a call tomorrow to see what they say... if I can I will install it on friday shim it out and go out to lil moab on saturday.. I want to test it before I go to big moab over memorial day:)

CrawlerCraig

TooeleCherokee said:
I guess I will have to give six states a call tomorrow to see what they say... if I can I will install it on friday shim it out and go out to lil moab on saturday.. I want to test it before I go to big moab over memorial day:)
You might want to call more than 1 location........reason being that if they aren't 100 % sure you will have more that 1 opinion! If that doesn't work let me know see if i can dig some up........

CrawlerCraig

As of now 10 am at the chevron ......there are only about 3-4 vehicles that i know for sure are coming.......If there are more we might change it to smith's parking lot for room......

so IF anyone else is coming let Us know!

skeptic

This could be my first wheeling trip in Utah... Where can I find out about Little Moab? Where is it? How easy/difficult would it be for me to keep up: XJ w/4.5" lift, 32s, open diffs, basically no armor.

DOSS

Little moab is basically a great big rock that has multiple lines to run. It is on the south end of Utah lake. I am running 4 inch lift 31's and open diffs as well so you should be ok (as long as you don't go up anything crazy :)). Its a good place to test some of your skills but its not a trail :).. you may want to look in some of the trip report threds for some pictures.

skeptic

TooeleCherokee said:
Little moab is basically a great big rock that has multiple lines to run. It is on the south end of Utah lake. I am running 4 inch lift 31's and open diffs as well so you should be ok (as long as you don't go up anything crazy :)). Its a good place to test some of your skills but its not a trail :).. you may want to look in some of the trip report threds for some pictures.
Cool. I'm a total newbie when it comes to rocks, pretty much only done sand, mud, steep non-rocky hills, etc.

How do I get there? Chevron or Smith's parking lot isn't helping (but I'm sure most people here know where it is).

DOSS

The Chevron is in Lehi where Highway 73 meets Redwood road (Highway 68). Just take Highway 73 west from I-15. Go through Lehi, and meet up with the group in the Chevron parking lot. :).. If you can't find it and I can con my wife into going I will be on CB 7.. other people should be on Ch 7 too :).. you can camp up there if you want there are no facilities so bring your own water :)