Little Moab Saturday

kruzr69

Had a blast saturday. It was the first real wheeling I have done since I started this build on my cruiser. Everything was working good for the first few hours, then I lost my power steering pump pulley. The lip of it actually shattered and let the belt fall off.
It was really slick on most of the stuff I tried, But was the funnest trip I have been on in a while. Mostly because I had my own rig there.

Attachments

• aDSC00093.jpg
    aDSC00093.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 56
  • aDSC00094.jpg
    aDSC00094.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 47
  • aDSC00095.jpg
    aDSC00095.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 50
  • aDSC00096.jpg
    aDSC00096.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 47
  • aDSC00101.jpg
    aDSC00101.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 36
  • aDSC00103.jpg
    aDSC00103.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 28
  • aDSC00108.jpg
    aDSC00108.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 48
  • aDSC00112.jpg
    aDSC00112.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 38
  • aDSC00114.jpg
    aDSC00114.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 27
  • aDSC00116.jpg
    aDSC00116.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 34

kruzr69

Greg said:
Nice pics! The Cruiser looks great, seems to work pretty well too. What do you think of the IROK's?
I love the IROKs, I think they still need to break in a little more, they were at 5 lbs. but maybe it was just because it was so slick.

Fade2Black

Drinking bone
Ahh, I saw you out there... glad my ARB snatch strap could be of assistance, LOL :D

Your motor is carbed, is it not? Seemed to be having problems on that ledge.

It was exciting seeing a sweet FJ running big tires and sticking with Yota running gear!

Last edited:

kruzr69

Yea it is still carbed for now. On the way home my wife said that I need to get fuel injection. :D

I wish I could have kept the front tires going to the right on that ledge before you guys got the strap out.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
I passed you with your cruiser on the trailer just before you turned off the highway. We were headed to the dunes.

What size are the IROKs? 39s?

kruzr69

Coreshot said:
I passed you with your cruiser on the trailer just before you turned off the highway. We were headed to the dunes.

What size are the IROKs? 39s?
Yea they are 39's. I saw a lot of people going out to the dunes that day. How was it, I havent been out there for a while.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
kruzr69 said:
I love the IROKs, I think they still need to break in a little more, they were at 5 lbs. but maybe it was just because it was so slick.
thats 5 lbs? are they not very soft?
man i am going to have to run mine at like 1 lb!
looks good, love the amount of lift and size of tire.

kruzr69

xj_punk said:
thats 5 lbs? are they not very soft?
man i am going to have to run mine at like 1 lb!
looks good, love the amount of lift and size of tire.
When i first put them on the cruiser i took the valve cores out and they did not go flat. I have heard they start to flex better after you run them for a while and get the sidewalls broken in.

Fade2Black

Drinking bone
kruzr69 said:
Yea it is still carbed for now. On the way home my wife said that I need to get fuel injection. :D

I wish I could have kept the front tires going to the right on that ledge before you guys got the strap out.

FI is nice for those angles.

You were so close to clearing that ledge when you were going to the left. Just couldn't get it.

Next time...