Livi's 01' WJ

Owners Name & City- John Livingston, Spanish Fork, Utah

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle- 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ Limited

Engine- 4.7 V8

Transmission- 545RFE

T-Case- NV247

Axles- Front Dana 30 w/varilock - Rear Dana 44a w/varilock

Suspension- RK 4.5 Inch Long Arm X-Factor (6" front, 4.5" back), ProComp MX-6 shocks

Wheels and Tires- 17" Cregar Soft 8's and 33" BFGoodrich KM2's

Winch- none

Favorite Trails- Hells Revenge & Fins and things

Other- Flowmaster Super 44, K&N

Some pics from Moab
CliffHanger, Fins and Things, and Hells Revenge

S5009160.jpg

S5009178.jpg

S5009235.jpg

S5009238.jpg

S5009245.jpg

S5009264.jpg

S5009268.jpg

S5009232.jpg

S5009194.jpg

Last edited:

311WJ

thanks it's been nice.. they just upgraded me to the x-factor rear end, which is a triangulated 4 link, (Better than the spacer for the upper A arm) I bent the 1/4" spacer and so they were nice enough to send me the parts. which i'm hoping to get on in the next week or two and i'll have to post up some pictures then~

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Sweet ride, been wanting to do that to my 04. How does it ride and handle on the highway? Did you have to do any driveline mods?

Welcome to RME.

311WJ

Your rockerpanels seem to be holding up without any sliders, how did you manage that?

ha ha well actually this is under my passenger door at the moment
IMG00774.jpg

you can see it on this pic
S5009213.jpg

I'm actually in the process of building some rocksliders right now.. the ones you can order all mount where my long arms mount so i can't use them.. so i'm making my own..

and i manage no other smashes cause i have great spotters! lol and know moab pretty well lol

Last edited:

311WJ

Sweet ride, been wanting to do that to my 04. How does it ride and handle on the highway? Did you have to do any driveline mods?

Welcome to RME.

it handles great! i love it! haven't had a problem yet with how it handles.. right now my driveline is all stock, i'm plannin on getting some Woody shafts front and rear soon as i get the extra dough

311WJ

okay guys.. i decided i need to update this.. i need to get on this site some more! lol...

I recently installed a 4 link rear end on the Heep... here is the install pics

i got the package of parts. it includes the axle cradle and new lower LA mounts with an extra bracket that the upper LA's will mount to.
IMG00844.jpg

RockKrawler gave me the upgraded 4 link because i had trouble with their A-arm spacer (which they no longer sell ;) )

here is a pic of it bent/broke.. before it came off
S5009292.jpg

and with it off still hooked to the A-arm
S5009296.jpg

now it was time to prep the axle
we removed the brake lines and sway bar and sanded down the axle tubes for a good weld
S5009300.jpg

here is the cradle that welds to the axle.. the upper long arms mount to it and run to the lower LA mounts
S5009298.jpg

S5009299.jpg

we welded in the supplied tie in plate for extra strength
S5009301.jpg

311WJ

now for the fun part... welding on the cradle
S5009304.jpg

S5009306.jpg

S5009307.jpg

S5009308.jpg

notice how my exhaust is cut off after the flowmaster and just hanging there... i haven't figured out how it will fit through the 4 link with out getting mangled off road. so i put a turn down on it that you can see in other pics

I waited for the welds to cool and then sprayed the cradle with 3M body undercoat.. that rubber stuff.. then we put in the upper long arms, after switching out the lower control arm mounts.
S5009311.jpg

S5009312.jpg

S5009317.jpg

S5009310.jpg

and the broken bracket once again
S5009320.jpg

311WJ

okay, so here are some pics of my new exhaust..

so here it is.. it was tricky because it had to fit around my 4 link and not be in the way when i flex

it's a FlowMaster Off Road Super 44 (made from 1/4" diamond plate)
S5000013.jpg

it had to be tucked out of the way of the upper control arms. there was also the daunting task of finding ways to hang the exhaust.. the guy who did it was a genius to think to use a rubber bushing mount and bolt it to the stock A-arm mount
S5000012.jpg

you can kinda see in this one how the exhaust runs under the upper LA mount and then back up out
S5000005.jpg

then he routed it out the back like normal..
S5000002.jpg

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
A broken RK part!? Get out of town! ;)

Nice of them to upgrade it for you.

Both of my last ZJ's had a triangulated 4 link in the rear and I was able to weave 3" exhaust all the way out the back (including muffler and cat). I can't imagine that 4 link is too much different. Hard to say I guess. Fritz at Meineke on 3200 S. State was the mastermind behind both of mine (and that is where Tera takes all of their LCG stuff too).

Pretty rig. I dig built WJ's.

edit: I posted before your exhaust pics. Looks like you got it figured out. Nice.