Local Car Audio Shops

Evolved

Less-Known Member
I am about to put a stereo into my Dodge. I have spent some time shopping around and talking to a lot of the the sales dudes in each shop. I am typically a bad judge of character but some of them seem a little shady. Have any of you out there in "RME Land" had any good/bad experiences with some of the local (Salt Lake) shops?

I just have heard some horror stories about them writing down your address before an install, and then the shop employees go to your casa and jack your shiz.

rholbrook

I have used Car Tunes in Layton 3 times with the latest being my boat a few weeks ago. I am told by my family it sounds great but I haven't heard it yet. They have always done a clean install and I really doubt they have ever even been in my neighborhood.

Evolved

Less-Known Member
I would do it myself but it's not just a simple deck install. There is going to be a lot more to it... Plus with my truck being new (new to me), I want it done professionally and right. I dont want any problems later. And, if there are problems I dont want to have to deal with fixing it or chasing down the problems.

I just want to drop it off, pick it up, and be done with it.

Has anyone ever used Laketown Speed and Sound?

chans

I have never used Laketown but they have been there awhile. If you are looking for somewhere closer to Midvale go to Innovative audio on 7th. I use to get all my electronics from them or if I needed a custom fiberglass box.

Evolved

Less-Known Member
I have pretty much narrowed it between Innovative and Laketown. They both seemed to be extremely knowledgable and both have been around for a while (not fly by the night operations). I think it is simply going to come down to price. I was more worried about getting my stuff ripped off and I think I am comfortable using either of them.

Really, I should be more worried about the punk ass kids that live down the street from me and not the shop employees. It's sad that we have to worry about this stuff but this is the world we live in.

chans

Really, I should be more worried about the punk ass kids that live down the street from me and not the shop employees. It's sad that we have to worry about this stuff but this is the world we live in.

I know what you mean. Back when I had thousands of dollars in stereo equipment in my car I made sure to not drive straight home and turn the stereo off and drive around neighborhoods to make sure I wasn't being followed. I was actually followed a few times and would have to pull over. The punks use to follow people with loud stereos and find out where they live and come back late at night.