LockJaw?

Badger

I am the Brute squad
So what's this new trail I have caught wind of out in BFE ?Pictures of it and the obstacles ?

DrtSqrl-from another forum said:
With the okay from Chris at Area BFE, we have just opened up a brand new trail. It is about .3 miles long, and runs basically from the Strike Ravine wash just down from Helldorado up to the powerline road near the end of Minor Threat. It is about the same difficulty as Minor Threat, maybe a little tougher, but with more obstacles. There is one optional bit that is quite difficult.

Come on lets see it .....!!!

Last edited:

T3n5oR

not to hijack but heard BFE was closed for that concert over mwm day? not tru? i would love to join you guys for this new run if possible.

T3n5oR

so trails are still accessible? bring hippie repellant? and enter from the lower wash? and no camping? what time/day is the lockjaw run? TIA guys!

Olaf

Supporting Member
AreaBFE is closed, however Shane asked me if would be okay to take a group up LockJaw. I said yes, as long as you enter through the wash/Ravine and stay out of the way of the concert.
However, if you buy a ticket for the concert you can roam around according to their rules. They paid AreaBFE to have their concert, so supporting them wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Camping is only allowed if you purchase a concert ticket and camp spots are limited. Visit http://DesertRocks.org for more information.

Last edited:

1993yj

Any more info on this trail? I am heading down for Labor Day and want to check it out, but there is not a map or description on BFE's website.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Any more info on this trail? I am heading down for Labor Day and want to check it out, but there is not a map or description on BFE's website.

Head down into the wash toward Helldorado from the upper BFE area and take a left in the wash. Before the wash bends to the left again, you should see a trail head up over a climb on the right side. That's the start of LockJaw.