Lockright Help

kirk86CJ

I've got a lockrite in a CJ d30. I has been making some noise, so I took the cover off and see that the Pinion Shaft is moving around. Apparently the roll pin fell out, and that caused the pinion shaft to move around. One end of the pinion shaft has been running into the pinion gear as it comes around. The pinion gear looks a little beat up on the face. I have a broked lockrite in the garage from a d44. It still has the roll pin in it. My question is can I take that roll pin out and put it in the d30? Also, any reason why I can' just do this without removing the lockrite from the d30?

Thanks
Kirk

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
kirk86CJ said:
I've got a lockrite in a CJ d30. I has been making some noise, so I took the cover off and see that the Pinion Shaft is moving around. Apparently the roll pin fell out, and that caused the pinion shaft to move around. One end of the pinion shaft has been running into the pinion gear as it comes around. The pinion gear looks a little beat up on the face. I have a broked lockrite in the garage from a d44. It still has the roll pin in it. My question is can I take that roll pin out and put it in the d30? Also, any reason why I can' just do this without removing the lockrite from the d30?

Thanks
Kirk

You're talking about the roll pin that keeps the cross shaft in place?

Just find one that's the right size to press-fit into the hole in the carrier/crosspin. If that D44 one is the right size, great--otherwise go shopping. The original one was probably removed/reinstalled enough times to lose it's press fit.

As long as the teeth on the gears are OK, and the crosspin is OK too, there's no reason you can't just slap a new rollpin in there without disassembling anything.