Logandale, NV 12/12 (no snow)

pumpkinbronc

ONETONPUMPKIN
Went out to show a couple of co-workers what I do for fun,and pre-run some trails for this spring. I almost went over on this little hill :eek:. Unfortunately camera died after only a few pics.

Attachments

• logandale.jpg
    logandale.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 78
  • logandale2.jpg
    logandale2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 89

kirk86CJ

Do you know if there are any specific maps available for this area that would show where the good rock crawling type trails are?

I have wanted to go down there, but would like to know where to go.

Thanks
Kirk

pumpkinbronc

ONETONPUMPKIN
kirk86CJ said:
Do you know if there are any specific maps available for this area that would show where the good rock crawling type trails are?

I have wanted to go down there, but would like to know where to go.

Thanks
Kirk
I've asked the guys who host the hump n bump for map or gps info but they say they havent done any yet, I know a couple of guys down here that know most of the trails, I know a couple. When your ready pm me its only 40 min from me, I am game most anytime.

OCNORB

Supporting Member
pumpkinbronc said:
Went out to show a couple of co-workers what I do for fun,and pre-run some trails for this spring. I almost went over on this little hill :eek:. Unfortunately camera died after only a few pics.

No time to fix the rocker panel that WWW (wet wayne's world) took out, eh?? :D

notajeep

Just me
I am in the planning stages for a trip down that direction the day after christmas. Will it still be snow - free then? I know its a long way... But anyone else up for a little winter rock crawlin?? :D

OCNORB

Supporting Member
notajeep said:
I am in the planning stages for a trip down that direction the day after christmas. Will it still be snow - free then? I know its a long way... But anyone else up for a little winter rock crawlin?? :D

Snow at Lake Mead??? Probably happens once every hundred years at best.....if that.

Winter rock crawling in Logandale is like August rock crawling up Logan Canyon. :greg:

pumpkinbronc

ONETONPUMPKIN
notajeep said:

Christmas eve no problem, I have to work the day after christmas :-\ Any weekend after that, no problem.

jp008

Never been to Logandale (at least not wheelin). I have been in your neck of the woods quite a bit though. I will be coming down that way to pick up the rig. It's in Mesquite. When I do I would like to do one more run before it makes the cold journey to the north.

There is some nice wheeling in that area to the South and West of Scenic. Beautiful country. Here is a link (webshots) of places I would like to hit.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jp008 I can't hit the redrock are because it is on Grand Canyon Natl Park Land. But beautiful anyway.

OT: If you get a chance run into Mesquite and hit "Sips n Dips" (sp) if there is a white Avalanche in the parking lot go in and give Jen a bad time. The store is in the "newer" shopping center on Mesquite Blvd. Tell her Jim put you up to it.

Last edited:

Dad

I'll be there for Christmas

pumpkinbronc said:

I'll see you on friday; I plan to drag the jeep down and install the drive line there. It's to cold to crawl under the beast here.

pumpkinbronc

ONETONPUMPKIN
hammerhead said:
Looks like fun. Are there many trails there? Length? Difficulty?

There are several out there, I'm still gettin to know the area, but I have found some pretty difficult stuff, and some mellow stuff. Were goin out on christmas eve (saturday) for a few hours in the morning, probably not a practical trip for to many people, just a few vehicles so far, should be a good time :p