LOJACK is in Utah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GI'sCHICK

Since I work for SLCPD, I have been given permission by the LOJACK coordinator to provide this information to you. I also have the benefit of purchasing the system for family & "friends" at a discounted price. If you would like to know more, email me at: jeep.chik@yahoo.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The patented LOJACK stolen vehicle recovery system includes a small radio frequency transceiver that is hidden in the vehicle at the time of installation. When the vehicle theft is reported to the police, the LOJACK unit is automatically activated, which causes silent radio signals to be emitted from the transceiver. The police are able to follow the signal and track and recover the vehicle.

The miniature transponder is installed in a randomly selected and concealed area of the consumer's car, truck, construction equiptment or motorcycle. There are no exposed antennas, decals or labeled buttons so there is no way a car thief knows it is installed. Not even the owner of the vehicle knows where the euiptment is.

LOJACK units are never transferred to another vehicle. They remain connected to the VIN of the vehicle they are installed in for the life of that vehicle. Police Tracking Computers (PTC's) are installed in a predetermined number of cars so officers have first hand control over the recovery of stolen vehicles.

* The LOJACK signal will penetrate and escape the walls of buildings and shipping containers. This is something that GPS devices cannot do.

* The only way LOJACK can be activated is when the VIN is entered into NCIC as a stolen vehicle.

* A signal will pick up regardless of the state or country it was originally stolen & activated.

www.lojack.com

Rickomatic

Grey is cool!
How much does it cost to get one of these?

An e-mail that I received last week:

Dear Rickomatic,

We wanted to send a quick note to let our customers know that LoJack is now available in Utah and Ken Garff is one of only a few Utah dealerships currently offering this unrivaled product!!!

What is LoJack? LoJack is the premier worldwide provider of wireless tracking and recovery systems for mobile assets, and is the leader in global stolen vehicle recovery with its proven solutions and direct integration with law enforcement.

Check out the story that KSL news did recently on LoJack's launch in Utah:
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=10491240&nid=148

A vehicle is stolen every 32.2 seconds in the U.S. Last year alone, nearly one million vehicles were stolen across the country. Depending upon where you live and what make and model you drive, you may be at risk. There is little you can do to prevent a car from being stolen. Alarms and other deterrents are not enough. However, with LoJack you can take control and ensure that if your car is stolen, you'll get it back.

LoJack retails for $695, but we have an introductory offer for the next 30 days for our customers who purchased their vehicles before LoJack became available in Utah. We are selling the system exclusively to you for only $545. We only have 100 systems to sell at this discounted price. After they are gone, the price will go back up to $695.

For more information on LoJack, you can visit their website at www.LoJack.com.

Your car is an important, and possibly one of your most beloved, possessions. Let us help you protect it with LoJack. Call or come today.

Thanks and hope to see you soon!
(name removed)

Ken Garff Nissan of Salt Lake
(phone removed)| Office
(email removed)

GI'sCHICK

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE, BOYS ... Here is the email I just rec'd back from my contact TODAY:

RE: Lojack in Utah
Monday, May 17, 2010 11:38 AM

Hello Sue,

Sorry I didn’t back with you right away, I was off in Southern California checking my dad – old WWII vet, and he’s getting up there in age.

We have some car dealerships set to go with sales and installation. I am trying to find out if we have an “expediter” that would come out and install the LoJack system at customers’ homes or workplace – saves time and I can bypass the dealerships and really save you and your friends money.

Dealers want to charge $695.00. I can get it for $350.00, but I would need the “expediter” to bypass the dealers.

I will check with my Account Manager today and see who we have up there. We have to do criminal background checks on any that we hire – any felonies and they don’t get hired or trained!

Once we’re ready, I will email you a "friends and Family discount form", just fill it out and either fax or email back to me. I then will have “Direct Sales” contact the vehicle owner and set up the date/time and location. You can make copies for your friends – once I know we have an “expediter” there in Salt lake City.

Al

So, those of you that are truly interested in having LOJACK installed in your vehicle(s), please send me an email & I will hold your information until I receive word from Al that we are ready to go. $350 is a helluva deal!!!

S~

Last edited:

littlyota

Just throwing this out there, Lo-jack was a great product when they were the only ones in theft recovery. There are many other options now.

I am going to list a few draw backs of the Lo-Jack system. I am not trying to bash the product, just want everyone to be informed.

There are a couple different versions of Lo-jack that offer different features. I will discuss the main Lo-Jack system that people buy.

Again not bashing just sharing info:

To activate Lo-Jack you must have a filed police report, this takes time, sometimes hours if the police even show up. Once the police report is input into NCIC then the system will be activated.In the mean time your car is headed to the chop shop, out of town, or already stripped.

You have no interaction with the system. You can not call Lo-Jack and ask them where your car is, or your teen driver. They will not share any info with you.

Lo-Jack detection is only installed in a few cars in the police department. Not every car has it. The signal only reaches a short distance, especially in the city between buildings. So if your car is stolen you have to hope that it drives within range of one of those cop cars and hopefully they are not busy or about to get off work. Nothing against cops, but if one were at the end of their overtime shift heading to the station or home, maybe late for the kids game, do you think they are going to get tied up with chasing a stolen car? This leaves personal discretion involved with recovering your car. A stolen car can take hours to process waiting on a tow truck, finger printing, paperwork, and whatever else is involved.

Also you have to have the battery changed every 3 years at a little over $100 if I remember right.

GPS systems start at around $150 some with monthly fees and some without.

Just showing that there are other options.

Here is my boat, I know at any given time where it is.

havasu.jpg

In the Ocean, let Lo-Jack find you there.
home_page.jpg

Or my truck, I always know where all my toys are.

teensatpic.jpg

I am extremely involved in the GPS tracking industry, and have working knowledge of just about every product out there. If you want simple, pay and forget about it then Lo-Jack is nice. If you want some interaction with the vehicle and find out where it is at any given moment, then there are better option.

The systems can be used as theft recovery units, but they work great in tracking your teen drivers or fleet trucks. You can install a panic button for your teens that will send you a txt msg of their location if they get in trouble. You can also set up boundaries and speed limits that will send you a txt msg if any of the settings are violated.

If I put this information in the wrong place, I apologize, but please do your research when looking to spend the money on something.

Last edited:

kkemp

Good info littlyota. Another thing that bothers me about lojack is that you can't transfer it to another vehicle.

It seems that none of the systems are ideal. Most of the ones GPS based ones also use cell phone service. Still, that's probably better than what lojack uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.