Jeep long arm upgrade ?'s

outlaw_offroad

XJ Pride!!!
Have you thought about the Teraflex LA kit? It is a true LA four-link with an added crossmember for mounting. I have heard great things about the kit, but they are spendy. I would rather spend the money than run radius arms. The radius setups are unpredictable at times and really unload on uphill climbs. We installed a Rusty's kit on a friends's XJ a few years ago. It has worn well, but makes your o-ring pucker on every hill climb.

Have you thought of drop brackets and adjustable short arms? This setup gets a pretty bad rap. I have been running mine for about 6 years and am very happy with it. My 8 inch lift has the geometry of a 3 inch kit. I have found that the key to making the drop brackets work is 6+ inches of lift, otherwise you are dragging the gusset plates. I have done this to a few other trucks for friends/clients and have not heard any complaints.

Have you thought about the Teraflex LA kit? It is a true LA four-link with an added crossmember for mounting. I have heard great things about the kit, but they are spendy. I would rather spend the money than run radius arms. The radius setups are unpredictable at times and really unload on uphill climbs. We installed a Rusty's kit on a friends's XJ a few years ago. It has worn well, but makes your o-ring pucker on every hill climb.

Have you thought of drop brackets and adjustable short arms? This setup gets a pretty bad rap. I have been running mine for about 6 years and am very happy with it. My 8 inch lift has the geometry of a 3 inch kit. I have found that the key to making the drop brackets work is 6+ inches of lift, otherwise you are dragging the gusset plates. I have done this to a few other trucks for friends/clients and have not heard any complaints.
THE TERAFLEX la kit is my other option i like the fact that its a local company and parts and service are just down the street and i like the idea of using the bellyup skid plate with the kit and it may end up being the route i take , as for the drop brackets i dont have much experience with them but i would like my lower links to be as long as possable . thanks to all for your input and any and all is appreciated :D

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Have you looked into the Rock Krawler set up. They have a 3 and 4 link systems that are nice. I have run the 3 link on my jeep for several years now and have had no problems with it and it works really well. It is a true 3 link with l ong arms. Good luck with the build and decision.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
The Tera kit is still a heim. I'll never run a large, expensive heim that's not rebuildable.

A buddy of mine in CO uses his rig about as much as I do, and on about the same type of terrain - mine gets into the mud more often, has more HP and more miles, but otherwise... His Tera heims were completely shot during EJS last year. I want to say that was 2 EJS visits on the new kit. I'm into my Currie JJ's 3 years now and they are still tight.

So something to think about.... I'll be the first to admit up til they came out with the LCG kit, I would never buy any of their kits. The LCG kit is definately a nice one.... My buddy even liked the performance of his kit, up until the joints wore out. I'm not sure what he has now and how much he replaced. I know now his WB is 109" though....:D

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
The Tera kit is still a heim. I'll never run a large, expensive heim that's not rebuildable.

A buddy of mine in CO uses his rig about as much as I do, and on about the same type of terrain - mine gets into the mud more often, has more HP and more miles, but otherwise... His Tera heims were completely shot during EJS last year. I want to say that was 2 EJS visits on the new kit. I'm into my Currie JJ's 3 years now and they are still tight.

So something to think about.... I'll be the first to admit up til they came out with the LCG kit, I would never buy any of their kits. The LCG kit is definately a nice one.... My buddy even liked the performance of his kit, up until the joints wore out. I'm not sure what he has now and how much he replaced. I know now his WB is 109" though....:D

What heims would those be? :confused: There are no heims in the Tera suspension. Look at Greg's old TJ build to see what they joints look like---they're rebuildable, and very similar to a Johnny Joint.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
What heims would those be? :confused: There are no heims in the Tera suspension. Look at Greg's old TJ build to see what they joints look like---they're rebuildable, and very similar to a Johnny Joint.

Sorry. They look like very large heims, but I didn't know they were rebuildable. Since they are, my buddy probably just rebuildt his....

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
file_3_20.jpg

file_33_3.jpg

Rebuild kit for them:

1951000.jpg

Have you looked into the Rock Krawler set up. They have a 3 and 4 link systems that are nice. I have run the 3 link on my jeep for several years now and have had no problems with it and it works really well. It is a true 3 link with l ong arms. Good luck with the build and decision.
i looked at their kits but i think i'm gonna end up at teraflex cause its local so parts are just down the road and i like the belly up skid idea and i would like to keep as many parts as i can the same brand because they genraly play well together and no weird problems but thanks for your help :D