Lookin' for lead

kd7kmp

Hey all,

I've been rolling my own bullets for a while now. However, my lead supply is running low. I'm looking for lead in the form of wheel weights, bars, chunks, etc. If anyone has or knows where I can acquire some at no to low cost, please let me know. I'm happy to come pick it up.

Kevin

STAG

On my grind
And they aren't exactly giving them away either. They know that people make ammo out of them. My dad usually spends about $150 for a bucket of wheel weights. But then his buddy makes shot out of it and sells it back to my dad for a lot cheaper than you can buy bags of shot so it works out.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
WOW. I have been picking up buckets from my neighbor that runs a tire shop and dropping them off at my dads who does gun work for said neighbor. I bet he has 10 buckets. That is a chunk of change. KD, if you live in Springville and shoot you most likely know my dad. He is president of the Tin Can club and the Vice Pres of the Hobble Creek Wranglers.

rholbrook

A client of mine who manufactures bullets told me in the early days he and his family would go to where people shoot and screen the dirt for lead.

kd7kmp

Hey all,

Thanks for the replies. I have inquired at several auto shops and a lot of them have a dedicated recycler they use for their wheel weights. I have a couple other options I'm looking at as well.

rholbrook,

I haven't hear of either group. I shoot mostly on my own on the other side of Utah Lake. Occasionally I head way up Hobble Creek Canyon. When I was younger I was on the Springville-Mapleton rifle team. We practiced at a 50 foot range under the Senior Center in Springville. I did that for several years. We had matches there as well as the range at the mouth of HCC.

Kevin