Looking for a engine shop in the SLC Valley

CoreyPerez

Hey folks,

Sorry for those not in the SLC Valley, but I'm looking for a shop that can do some head work. Here is the situation. I bought a engine from a guy who bought an engine... Anyway, the engine is 2 years old, but it hasn't been turned over yet. I'm spent some time Friday and Saturday getting the engine ready for starting. I was in the process of doing the valve adjustments as per the chevy manual (oh ya, this is a 1990(ish) 4.3 Chevy from an Astrovan). Well I had done all the Intake and exhaust adjustments on the DS, and was working on the PS, when I got to a valve stud that just wouldn't tighten at all. Thinking this was weird, I attempted to back the nut off and... yep, you guessed it. I tried to use vice grips to get the "stud" out, but it wouldn't budge. So, I had to do it. All new gaskets and materials, but I had to yank the intake and the head. Wasted all those perfect gaskets (but it gave me a chance to find out if the engine really was .30 over, and inspect inside the intake). Well I get the head off, all the rockers off, pushrods out and I STILL can't get the stud out. So, before I screw something up BIGTIME, i'll just take it to a shop.

So, any suggestions??

Thanks,

Corey

Oh, by the way, I would love to BYTCH slap the MO FO assembler that did this!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I have had good luck with two shops...

Love Machine, 1700 South, 700West (I think)

Grainer Machine, 3500 South 1900 West (behind the Napa)

Both have done motors, heads, intake work, mill work, etc...

CoreyPerez

Well now that its monday I've called a few places, and it doesn't sound like its going to be all that big of a deal for a Machine shop to get this taken care of. Looks like it will be around $40-$60, but thats better than buying a new head, and getting all the mill work done again...

Thanks guys,

Corey